New Safety System from Pro Limit

Forum for kitesurfers
Geronymous
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronymous » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:53 am

Received the Prolimit safety-hook... I have to say that it looks very good, and some tests at home have shown that it will always release your depower-loop (at least a big one like the Cabrinha), assuming you are able to press the lever hard/fast enough. Next tests will be on the water.

Geronymous
Medium Poster

Postby Geronymous » Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:40 pm

Tested the Pro-limit safety-hook this past weekend on the water, and it seems to open in all circumstances... assuming you are able to pull the lever on time.

I would say that it definitely improves safety.

Jonnykitesurfer
Rare Poster

Postby Jonnykitesurfer » Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:04 am

I dont know about the pro-limit picture ( above) if they make that one but the last link that Geronymous has posted is the right picture because i E-Mail a dealer that same picture today and they said thats the one they carry but that they were all out of stock. You can order one at http://www.bigwinds.com
When they get more in . It's the spreader bar that as the hook that flips up with finger strigger. Hope it helps Jonnykitesurfer.

Geronymous
Medium Poster

Postby Geronymous » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:32 pm

One more comment on the Pro-limit safety hook... I've used it now for some days, and I have noticed that sometimes the ring that holds back the spring clamps/gets blocked with the rod it is supposed to slide over with... which means that I can be very hard (or even impossible) to pull the lever to release the hook. Which means big trouble in case of emergency... (Let me know if this is not clear, and I will try to make a drawing or picture).
I've tried to lubricate with "vaseline", but it doesn't seem to help (any other ideas?).

So I guess the only thing I can do is to often check if the lever still works.

Be carefull!

kruzlifix
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Baleia, Ceara, Brazil
Style: wave and HF
Gear: AHC, Firewire, Levitaz, Moses, Cabrinha, Flysurfer

Postby kruzlifix » Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:39 pm

Hi geronymus
I jsut got 2 prolimit safety bars 23 cm wide. it is ok for my son who is 12 years old. but I would like to get a bigger one. do you have the same size? I think they are only in one size on the market yet?
greetings from andreas
PS: sorry but I did not have your email to contact you directly

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:36 pm

Geronymous
Medium Poster

Postby Geronymous » Fri Jul 05, 2002 5:19 pm

As far as I know there is only one size. I will check the size of my bar this evening and let you know.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 05, 2002 10:44 pm

Hi geronymus..
there are 3 sizes, but medium and large are sold out.
Anyway, I decided to stay with my old prolimit "fixed hook" windsurfing spreader bar. and a wichard shakle for the depower. I ordered instead of the releasable hook bar a prolimit safety harness line which can be released... I think it is better not to have to many metallic pieces just in the center of your harness bar... what do you think?
andreas

Geronymous
Medium Poster

Postby Geronymous » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:05 pm

Hi, I measured my spreader bar, and it is 29cm long from edge to edge (so the longest you can measure).
I agree with you that the less metal you have there, the better, and also the simpler the better, but so far I never had any problems with it. You don't notice you have a different hook. Bye!

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:03 pm

you should have a look at http://www.solidkiteboards.com and there "Kitehooks" ! Pivoted hook rules ..

aloha

Hangtimer

Return to “Kitesurfing”