Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Gaastra GX2 2003

Forum for kitesurfers
Royce
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Royce » Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:41 pm

Nice posts guys and girls. Just sitting here reading these I realise that we should all go fill in that post on whos got financial interests in this forum. I doubt there is a single kitesurfer out there that had or for that matter has any idea what the hell their kite is made of or could have any idea what grade of matterial their leading edge is made of. The only post that I didn't enjoy on this whole topic was the doofus threatening Truth with being sued. Wah grow up! These things should be represented by the kite companies at least on their websites. Keep it up. Posts like these only enpower kitesurfers to find more out about their kites.

Most the info here I feel was from people deeply involved in some form of kite sales/service or team riders.

I want to know who the hell Truth is and as for all you annony"mouse" posters.....stick your name and e-mail on those things at least.

Send me an e-mail Truth. Dude you got me curious.

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:07 am

Thanks to the "Truth" for a very interesting if somewhat confusing discussion. I believe in what you say. Years before I took up kitesurfing I was a windsurfer and went through the same condition of wanting the latest sail/board. During the 90s windsurfing was basically dominated by the best sailor at that time which was for so many years Dunkerbeck and Pryde and before that Gaastra and Naish. I feel that having these sailors as marketing gave those companies enormas pulling power and the ability to sometimes sell consumers equipment that just did not last. I came by accident that one year I needed a new sail and on offer was a North sail I was very reluctant to buy this as it did not have the same reputation but after a year or two of owning this sail and on disheartening experiences of sails colsapsing and failing from other brands i realised that I had been led astray the north sails of a few years ago were constructed in a totally superior way both in terms of materials and workmanship and thought. The market was so pryde dominated that the truth about their sails just never appeared I wasted so much time and effort, and the market shop or magazine just will not tell you the truth. Please continue in your praiseworthy effort on bringing some light on this mysterious business of kite design. I do not wish to be mislead again. Just one point about your orignal post is I feel that what is important to most people when they purchase a kite is the design now by design you mean shape of kite materials used graphics colours. I feel that maybe a year ago there were a few badly designed kites around especially in terms of construction but there is just so much copying going on that there is a much more level playing field. There are really quite small differences between kites these days. I feel that to accuse the Gaastra kite of jellyfishing due to not using the best type of dacron is going a bit far. Did you see this kite jelly fish? I assumed that there are far more important factors in determining whether a kite would jellyfish or not than Purely type of material. I would like to know which kites you the "truth" use and boards and say why you chose these brands. Concerning the Airush kites. These kites got the most praiseworthy reviews in the uk kite magazines but I feel that the test team were completely biased. One of the riders was sponsored by airrush. Tell us why you don't like these kites. I WANT THE truth.

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:28 am

The truth? The truth?....you can't handle the truth!!

marina
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Central Coast, California
Favorite Beaches: Central Coast, California
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Ventana, Mexico
Oregon Coast
Baja Pacific Side
Peru
Style: waves, jumping and wiggling
Gear: mixed
Brand Affiliation: mixed

Postby marina » Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:38 am

Truth,
don't know how to email you! Please email me at marina@ kitexcite .com

Kite:Life
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kite:Life » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:15 am

How about Wippi? what material do they use?
My friend is on slinshot and i'm on wippi and i cant feel the difference in material...

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 am

Wow that was a marothon effort in reading...
all I have to say is to the North addict:
check the results of the gorge games held in gusty gorge conditions to really see who was going off in the Gorge!!!!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:12 am

Yeah Slingshot RULES!!!!
Oh and MR Truth failed to mention that Slingshot are constructed of all the best materials that he was talking about

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:13 am

Now thats the TRUTH

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:14 am

Actually, I think that slingshot was one of the first brands Truth mentioned as having supeior grade materials in it wasn't it? In his very first post as a matter of attention.
Go check back.

Ok, i checked back, and Truth's first post says "SlingShot, North and RRD go all out to provide a top of the line product, while some other companies use far less superior materials." So i think maybe you missed that.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:21 am

Yes sorry its True. took so long to read the entire link that I had forgotten by the time I got to the end
cheers for the reminder

Return to “Kitesurfing”