Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

what to take to Aruba...??

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:38 am

Hi,

I have the chance to spend 1 year overseas in Aruba, now I'm wondering what gear I should take with me.....in order to have a blast there?!

I already have an ARX 9,5 with a picklefork 151
Should I have to buy some other gear for those conditions or.......? Who has some good advise for me?

I weigh about 72 kg and have been kiting a little over 6 months now.

Hope to hear from ya all...!!
Fly high,
Pancho

AdventureAntigua.com
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby AdventureAntigua.com » Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:24 pm

above all take some long sleeve rash guards and some total ALL DAY waterproof sunblock. That place is so hot that you can't cool off in the water. Also, it blows really hard and a 151 will be way too big for you at 72 kg. You will probably best be on a 138 and a 7.5m kite. Its windy. Make sure you have a buddy there cus the next stop is South America. It blows super hard directly off shore. Some pretty sick Brazilian chicks too and every fast food company you could immagine. Go for it. Fast chicks, fast food, and strong winds will make you as happy as a pig in s#$t. Have fun. eli
kiteantigua.com

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:25 pm

I live in Aruba.
I have a F-one 12.1 and a F-one 9.1
I can sail almost every day here in Aruba with those two kites.
For super light days maybe a 15.1 but not bigger than that.
I ride a TT142 and it's O.K. for almost every day. A bigger board for light days. a TT170
See you in Aruba
You can e-mail me directly at : arends@setarnet.aw for more info.

Return to “Kitesurfing”