Save Injury or worse for less than a £1

Forum for kitesurfers
Hernan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Hernan » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:06 pm

"Sorry but I didn't follow that, could you explain it more? Are you saying use a line with one end attached to the chicken loop and the other you hold on the control bar, while hooking this line into the harness to depower the kite? Therefore as soon as you let go the only thing that's attached is the leash?"

Yes, Its only a idea. I don t think is practical. Sure it would work but with some limitations. You have a fixed point, so a 2/1 reduction at the depower. After that you have to remove the rope someway.

The safest way (for me) to launch is be prepared to release before things go bad.
I m using a double inline QR. The first release the bar and the second leash and bar at once. The first is a pin & tube symetrical release, no balls, no rope, only a tube with good grip to pull down. I have used it many times and it works perfect.
Its like the X2 chikenloop release but it dont release unintentionally and it is more natural for me to pull than to push on a emergency.

Return to “Kitesurfing”