G-Arc front line snaps

Forum for kitesurfers
KiteGlider
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteGlider » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:56 am

Steve T, complements on the excellent bar and strap graphic.

Have you given any thought to a sytem that only trims the steering lines simultaneously? ( the concept is that if the back line trim slips, then you go full depower instead of full power up like current systems that trim the front lines)

- kg

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:36 am

If your old and frail arcsrule why not say thats the reason you use the free bar. and where talking about G-arcs here not S-arcs.

to help prevent such things check your lines every so often and replace them about once a year or less depending how much use you get out of them.

Rod, Yes I'm old...but not frail! :wink: And i fly a G18, Preprod G12 (purple and yellow and a really sweet kite) and occasionally a 15.5 PSYCHO (that sucks). If we had the winds here that you have, your bar might work good and I'm sure it does for YOU ...but unfortunately, 15 is about as good as it gets for us and usually much less than that and to finesse the kite the way you need to keep it moving, a free bar is nice. And if you really want to milk the Guerilla, put it on 150 feet lines. In marginal wind, it makes the power stroke long and smoothe. Being old and decripit, i have no idea how the long lines work in jumping. Maybe you can try this out? :mosh: Oh yea, I don't put my 12 up in less than 18 and i'm guessing it woud go to 30 or more with no problem.

F12-Flyer
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby F12-Flyer » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:32 pm

Yer thats gotta suck.

2 different people in 2 different locations fighting over different setups for different kites. LOl :lol: How wrong could we get :thumb:

hope the wind picks up for ya.

Rod

Return to “Kitesurfing”