mostly interested in the smaller sizes

regards

Thomas

Dr. Evil
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dr. Evil » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:15 pm

The 2004 Matrix has not been released yet in the US.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: .......out

Sake
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Sake » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:00 am

I only flew the Matrix 11 proto, but it flies quit different to an AMP8.7 (11.8 ). More forward in the wind windows and more constant power.

In Januari, final Matrix's will arrive overhere and then I'll know more.

And since you've flown the WIP10, can you tell differences between an AMP and the WIP?

alsbirk
Frequent Poster
Gear: LF prod. and samples
Brand Affiliation: Involved with R&D for LF

Postby alsbirk » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:08 pm

Yes, the WIP is a very stable and actually easy kite to use, it sits really far forward in the window but never falls down - it is stable nad has pretty much grunt. It flies extremely well upwind, about 5 degrees higher than the AMP at same "boardload" if you get what I mean - you have to go downwind all the time or jump to stay in the same "lane". It really goes much more upwind than enything I have ever tried, and it boost big air, it is perfect for board-offs etc, really suited for people who likes to go BIG sometimes it can overfly you while in the air, but it turns so neat that you can allways loop it back in place above your head in best Adam Koch style, but the trick is really just to oversheet when you are in the air, then it wont fly to far ahead above you.

I turns really good, BUT it looses all its power during the turn as many high AR kites does, that really sucks! It has good depower and takes gust really god. But if you go to fast, the WIP will run away with you downwind which suprised my prette much as it flies far forward in the window. Much traction in the profile i suppose. Hangtime is really higher than other kites + 1 second is no problem.

but still, the feeling of this kite does not suit my style, I like a responsive kite that delivers power immediatly at your command just like the AMP, so i still by far prefer the AMP 9,6 (7.1 proj) against WIP 10 as it turns faster and generates whatever pull you require and allows you to sails a lot faster.

I still believe that the WIP will suit a lot of kiters, as even intermediate kiters will get massive airs and go upwind so easily with this kite that it will be pure joy for them instead of the normal stress of staying upwind. I miss the wakestyle feeling, the WIP sucks for wakestyle, not my kite for this reason!

have fun

Thomas

Sake
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Sake » Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:12 pm

Thx for the info Thomas!

The WIP10 sounds a bit like the AB2002 8.4(11.4)

What I've seen so far and felt myself flying the Matrix11 the Matrix looks to be the kite that will suit your style.

I saw nice wake/wave style photo's too from Tarifa with the Matrix.
http://www.kiteboard.be/webgallery/thum ... =13&page=4

alsbirk
Frequent Poster
Gear: LF prod. and samples
Brand Affiliation: Involved with R&D for LF

Postby alsbirk » Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:38 pm

Yeps it has this AB feeling to it, I was on AB in 2001 tried the AB 2002 back then but preffered the Hydro for the same reasons as i prefer AMP before WIP.

I must ad, though, that the WIP does not have all of the jellyfish and other flaws as the AB, completely stable kite, pretty impressive construction, but i believe the WIP 10 I have flown was still a proto-ish kite as it had the s/n 00001 :-)

the final ones might be even better, but probably just regarding fittings/gimmicks

regards

Thomas

Return to “Kitesurfing”