Forum for kitesurfers
The Jess-Man
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

That's a good lookin' board!

Postby The Jess-Man » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:13 pm

What do you look for in a boards graphics these days? Or do you even care if your board has any thing on it?

My self I like graphics. I'm an artist so I really enjoy when people put alot of thought into something they create and make it look good. Simple elaborate it's all awsome.

The things that the Orange County Choppers guys are doing with their bikes I think they would make a good transformation over to Kiteboards.

Burton Snowboards "Baron" board was also pretty cool. Looks black but there are actually sparkles on it that change color in the sun and turn green. The whole board is out lined in blue.

I'm also a big comics fan and really a big fan What Michael Turner did on his Fathom Comic. I think his stuff would look awsome on the bottom of a board with something plain on top.

Any way thats the kinda stuff I like to look at and would like to see on a board. What do you want to see?

J :thumb:

The Jess-Man
Very Frequent Poster

Postby The Jess-Man » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:16 pm

Just in case anyone wants to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.aspencomics.com - Michael Turners Fathom comic.
http://www.orangecountychoppers.com
http://www.burton.com - Go to board and look for Baron or the Womens Troop is awsome as well.

J :thumb:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:48 am

Anything that you stick on there yourself is worth putting on. I'm not too concerned at what allready comes on the board but if i see the a board with some origional graphics that it's owner put on there himself... I'll admire it.

Hint..... if you do a shoddy job people are more likely to recognize it as being homemade and hence are more likely to admire it :thumb:

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:41 am

RIGHT ON! It ain't about somebody else's idea of what looks good. It's about what you put on the board yerself. To hooey balooey with an airbrushed version of a 14 year olds beat off fantasy. Put something on the board that YOU came up with. Enough commercialization. That's what kiteboarding is all about; separating yourself from the masses!

cyclone
Frequent Poster

Postby cyclone » Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:48 am

Glad some people appreciate art... my boards that i tried to sell commercially like the one below didnt seem to matter what they looked like... its all about MONEY and IMAGE and shop owners dont seem to give a damn unless you have both.

Its very sad the way capitolist society works and i no longer wish to be a part of the kite politics anymore. Ego pimping, hype mongering, money driven Guys are everywhere... :bye:

wolfje
Medium Poster

Postby wolfje » Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:20 am

nice boards cyclone,but why are you putting the graphics on top???
there are going to be pads and straps on it and a lot of the graphics is gone :roll:

The Jess-Man
Very Frequent Poster

Postby The Jess-Man » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:57 am

Those boards are awsome Cyclone. I love the colors and the design. The waves are cool. And who cares where you put them.

Even if you do not have the ability to bring your ideas for your board to life, you can still design a board and have some one else make it at reality. Tattoo artists do this all the time. You design something they clean it up and with your approval produce the image or design.

Keep in mind that Tatto parlours are a great place to find artists as well. Most Tattoo artist work in other mediums in their off time. Don't be surprised if your local Tattoo artist is also airbrush artist by trade (or any kind of artist for that matter). They usually have a portfolio of their work for you to look at. (Artists are usally close friends with other artists and if one can't help you out then they probably know some one that can.

Here's what to do:

Bring in your design. Have the artist clean it upyour design for you if it's alittle rough.

Work with them to have anything fixed that you do not like. They may have a few suggestions themselves to make your design look better.

Once everything design wise is worked out, and you have come to an agreement as to how much your design is going to cost you to produce you artist will be ready to rock.(Keep in mind that creativity and artistic abiltity are not usually cheap. If you want to find a cheap artist find one that is trying to build a portfolio for themselves. Usually if they are trying to make a name for themselves the are just looking for work so they can get their name out their.)

Custom graphics or not, I like anything that can catch your eye. Even if it is a production board.

One last thing. I don't care how good that X-Shooter board right below me performs, It is one ugly lookin' board.

Jess-Man :P

cyclone
Frequent Poster

Postby cyclone » Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:02 am

I did them myself, i dont need somone else to do it. They look fantastic yes, but like i said, it doesnt matter how good they look...

The Jess-Man
Very Frequent Poster

Postby The Jess-Man » Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:44 am

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you did not do them your self, only that if someone else had a great idea but not the means to execute it that they could seek assisstance from an artist.

J.

Return to “Kitesurfing”