So what everyone be doing if they weren't kitesurfing?bennyh wrote:"Of course it is" I hear you all say...
OK, it uses free energy and all that. But today I was thinking.
1) Materials for kites and boards are nearly exclusively derived from OIL which as we all know is in increasingly short supply. Furthermore, the petro-chemical giants are screwing the Earth in many other ways.
2) When we have finished with the kites they presumably won't decompose very well
3) Epoxy resins are pretty toxic and have the same disposal problems
4) I'm using loads of fuel getting to the beach, flying off on holiday etc
5) The emerging culture seems to be to change our equipment quite often
6) I've no idea, but have wondered about the workers rights, health and safety etc for the very kind people in the Far East that put our stuff together
7) Hopefully we're all responsible tourists and leave only footprints in the sand, but I suspect that's not completely true. I get especially narked seeing kiters throw cigarette butts on the beach
I don't mean to spoil the party. Just something to think about when you're next laughing out loud to yourself because kiting is so much fun!
We go by train + 40 min walk, and we're fucking fed UP!!!bennyh wrote:So, has anyone figured out a good way to get to the beach without driving?
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 153 guests