Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Which kite brand do you fly? (July 2004)

Forum for kitesurfers

Which kite brand do you fly?

Naish
11%
Flysurfer
7%
North
10%
Ocean Rodeo
4%
Best
14%
Peter Lynn
5%
Slingshot
7%
Cabrinha
11%
RRD
1%
Gaastra
1%
Flexifoil
1%
Wipika
2%
F-one
2%
Takoon
3%
Globerider
3%
Liquid Force
3%
Monkey
1%
Other
5%
Totally mixed
5%
Caution
2%

Total votes: 807

browny83
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I fly Cabrinha!!

Postby browny83 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:42 am

stuntc wrote:Eventually the dollars will run dry. And when they do the shops and schools will still be there doing the important jobs. Teaching newbies safely, providing quality equipment, keeping our beaches open. So in short support your local shop, they were probably the ones that taught you how to kite or picked you up after that downwinder or gave you a line when yours broke maybe lent you a harness when you forgot yours, or gave you equipment to try ot use while yours was getting fixed, maybe they did a beach clean-up to keep your spot looking right, or talked with the local town council to keep the beach open. How much is this worth to you? I ride Cabrinha!

Hey

As a new kite surfer and an aussie, i really do not know what your shops are like and how much they support kitesurfing. Here in Tannum sands, we have a shop (in a town with a population of under 10 000) that is local all the way, they exist to help people to learn how to kitesurf, they do great deals, are extremely helpful and they are there for you 100% of the way. We have purchased all our kites through them, and they come with free lessons (from a local sponsored rider). They were the major sponsor (along with coconet) in our local kitesurfing comp, (over the easter long weekend) where over 100 people entered (with $1000 first prize each for males and females plus a truckload of other prizes). We have been having problems with our dog and a chewage problem, eating through our caution handle. They have been doing all they can to get replacement parts and helping us to get back on the water ASAP. I feel that we need more shops like this to promote not just the brands but the actual sport. Awaken boarding culture is a top shop and if you are ever in the central queensland area, drop past and witness great people for yourself.

Cheers

hizakite
Rare Poster

Postby hizakite » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:08 pm

And AIRUSH!!! :evil:

maddy
Very Frequent Poster

funny

Postby maddy » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:09 pm

funny, but normal, how the percentage changes in different countries.. Toby !! what about making a percentage of the registered users first (automatically) and then put it in comparaison with other lists and see how it works country by country. Big job for the industry but interesting any how. Funny isn't it? :D

GorgeEdge
Rare Poster

Postby GorgeEdge » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:59 pm

Hum, newby here to Kite Forum. I live in the Gorge so I guess I am parcial to Windwing. :bye:

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:37 am

I have read all the posts in this thread so far, and I just have to say that stuntc is not from this planet. :o

Listen to vietkiter, he knows what is going on, and has always demonstrated a sane, respectful, real point of view here.

Kitepower has never had support from any kite company like it has received from Best. If you run a school in Oz, and want real support, get in touch with Kitepower/Best!

Generally, brands in this country, do nothing to support schools, access, etc. If they do, it is strictly a market share winning ploy, and that does not make them evil either, its just not their core business.
The only way anything here happens regarding safety and access is when motivated, REAL PEOPLE, get off their backsides and do something.

The ONLY THING the major brands are interested in is winning market share from each other/every competitor. Everything they do is motivated towards winning this battle and making as much money as possible from the people that matter the most in this sport - you the kiteboarders. This does not make the evil, its just the way of the mass consumerism western world, but to listen to stuntc you would think they are all run by mother theresa types.
Best decided that kiters were the most important people in the chain, and put their needs first, this has made a lot of people feel threatened, hence the anonymous bestbashers abd rumourmongers.

The only reason any people get on here and bash Best or any other brand is because they are financially motivated brand pimps, shop owners, importers, or just simple minded brand LEMMINGS.

Keep it real - look at the figures in the poll, they speak for themselves, and all this after only a few months in business.

The Best kites are not 2 year old designs, I have been in the kite business for around 12 years now, and have flown a lot of different kites, so have my staff and sons. Anyway BEST just bought EH outright, end of story, all the expertise of EH is now going solely into Best kites.

Anyway, as soon as someone flies a Best kite, they almost always buy them, and then we sell a heap more to all their friends. Kitepower can arrange a Demo anywhere in Oz, just call or e-mail us.

sinbad
Medium Poster

Postby sinbad » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:23 am

When you going to do demo's in Adelaide.
Have only seen one best kite there and that was only once havent seen him out since,
Must be a big market here as there are plenty of kites out most locations even during winter have 15 to 30 kites out on the water.

realitycheck
Rare Poster

Postby realitycheck » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:13 pm

PAFF wrote:I have never seen anyware where BEST are soo "Great", as on this site. Alot off Best post/press/pr also.
Good Point. this seems to be the only place you hear about Best. Reports in all the popular kite spots around the world and in the US, Hatteras, Gorge, CA, Texas. One Best kite, Two Best Kites, no Best kites. And dont forget the local yahoo selling gear out of the back of his van.
vietkiter wrote:
... ask Real how's lesson business this year and how much Best gear they have moved... I am guessing a lot!
Yeah let's get the "REAL" report. On site Hatteras reports are the only Best kites are on display in Reals shop. Where are all the Best kites? Still sitting in their FL warehouse? But hey, they are ON SALE again! Why the ongoing big sale? Gotta move some kites!
Kitepower wrote: The only reason any people get on here and bash Best or any other brand is because they are financially motivated brand pimps, shop owners, importers, or just simple minded brand LEMMINGS.
And you? Oh yeah, you and Best are only concerned about the overall happiness of the kiting public. LMAO

The kiteforum cheerleading squad, we all know who you are.

oceanplay
Very Frequent Poster

Postby oceanplay » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:23 pm

realitycheck wrote:
PAFF wrote:I have never seen anyware where BEST are soo "Great", as on this site. Alot off Best post/press/pr also.
Good Point. this seems to be the only place you hear about Best. Reports in all the popular kite spots around the world and in the US, Hatteras, Gorge, CA, Texas. One Best kite, Two Best Kites, no Best kites. And dont forget the local yahoo selling gear out of the back of his van.
vietkiter wrote:
... ask Real how's lesson business this year and how much Best gear they have moved... I am guessing a lot!
Yeah let's get the "REAL" report. On site Hatteras reports are the only

Best kites are on display in Reals shop. Where are all the Best kites? Still sitting in their FL warehouse? But hey, they are ON SALE again! Why the ongoing big sale? Gotta move some kites!
Kitepower wrote: The only reason any people get on here and bash Best or any other brand is because they are financially motivated brand pimps, shop owners, importers, or just simple minded brand LEMMINGS.
And you? Oh yeah, you and Best are only concerned about the overall happiness of the kiting public. LMAO

The kiteforum cheerleading squad, we all know who you are.
your nuts i'm :cheer: nobody that pay's for kite would state any of this we need good priced kites that fly nice they have it.

kite power is in for the money and i'm sure he wouldn't say it any other way, but he is a good shop as well and i never seen a shop that gives support like the crap stuntc is talking about unless your in tight with them and then your getting a good deal so WTF.

that kind of service is given by your kite bro
Last edited by oceanplay on Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:44 pm

realitycheck wrote:Good Point. this seems to be the only place you hear about Best. Reports in all the popular kite spots around the world and in the US, Hatteras, Gorge, CA, Texas. One Best kite, Two Best Kites, no Best kites.
Your comment was true about the Gorge until recently. Yesterday I counted 5 different Best kites in Hood River. Sure a couple of them are Best team members in town for the Gorge Games (including Shannon), but there are also a few new riders that have invested in quivers.

I get asked at least once every time I go out "How do you like those Best kites?" People hardly even care that I tell them they fly great, for the price they are mostly just concerned that they will hold up. Christ, there are still plenty of guys out on 2002 gear... wait till those guys need new kites. Do you think they are on 2002 gear because they like the performance?

Anyway, reports of over 4000 kites sold... sounds pretty good for only 6 months of being in business. The rest of the industry can stick their head in the sand if they want, but they could stand to lose a lot of they do.

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:00 pm

One more thing - consider that Best has an unsually large number of supporters here on the forum because there is more information about them here than any other source. People who have read review after review become believers enough to try the kites out, and then are stoked when they discover its all true.

At the super big kite spots like in the Gorge, the industry is so pervasive. Its pretty hard to invest in a brand that doesn't help your 5 buddies who work in the industry. But as times get tight, and manufacturers find and cut off grey market sellers, and retailers start cutting back on the bro deals... :-?

Return to “Kitesurfing”