Forum for kitesurfers
coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any problems with 2003 fuels?????

Postby coleman » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:22 pm

Need some help here folks! Does anyone out there know if these are good kites for a newbie? I can get a really good deal on one....Thanks all!
Coleman :lol:

loaded
Rare Poster

Postby loaded » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:02 pm

Myself and pile of other kiters I know all started on 2003 Fuels.

With their multi attachment points you can slow then down a bit turning speed wise till you feel comfortable with them.

Bomb proof, you'll need this if your learning.

Easy to re-launch.

You'll wear it out before you out grow it.

All in all great kite, if its a good deal then go for it!

dewey
Frequent Poster

Postby dewey » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:49 am

I have a 9m and love it. Not as much depower as the 04's and the 05's, but they are great kites. Pick one up if you can.

Dewey

montanakitesports
Medium Poster

Postby montanakitesports » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:04 am

How good of a deal? I have a pile of used 04's coming in Monday! Call me and see if I can match it.
Montanakitesports.com

PS: the 03's fly great.

MrBonk
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MrBonk » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:35 pm

I had an 11m 2003 Fuel and hated it. Sat *way* too far back in the window for my liking. The clam-cleat sheeting arrangement sucked (chewed the rope up badly), as did the stopper balls on both the chicken loop and the safety line. The one on the chicken loop badly damaged the rope and the one on the line used for the safety kept moving up towards the kite and couldn't be done up any tighter (despite being replaced by Slingshot with a new one). The original safety was faulty too.....a known issue apparently. Make sure it's got the 'upgraded' safety if you get it. Even if you get the upgraded one, the design itself is still dodgy. The side release shackles have all been known to fail to release under load.

EDIT: Oops....forgot to mention that I also had the leader for the front lines break at the second knot from the end. This was after *very* little use, so make sure you check the integrity of that line. The combination of that breaking (and thus no longer having front lines on the kite) and the safety failing to release almost drowned me.....not good :o

Return to “Kitesurfing”