Forum for kitesurfers
Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2005 Ocean rodeo kite pics

Postby Kitedude » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:50 pm

ok got out to the beach today with a 10m Ocean Rodeo Bronco, but the wind was to light to fly the kites so i took some pictures of the kite, which are below, if you have any questions just ask.

first off yo can see the dacron frame work and dacron inforced stitching:

now focusing on the wingtip, the obvious change is that the bronco now has inflatable wingtips.

next you will notice the new reduced diameter wingtips, especially noticed when compared to the new metal shafted pump.
you will alos note that the larger struts have rib joints.
you'll also notice the teo valves, standard size for inflating and large dump valve for deflating

the pigtails are also kook proof to make sure there is no mistakes
rather than have dangling pig tails, there is also convients pigtail pockets to hide away the unused pigtails.

for easy deflating there is valve pokers

The kite also has a pump leas attachment and what we can only explain as 5th line attachment points, we can't comment on these, but will tell me when we hear more. in the pictur you'll see three pointe, in the centre strut and about 2 feet either side.
theres kite handles and plenty of support.
kneepads!!

Image[/img]

surf-turkey

Postby surf-turkey » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:42 am

Nice job on the pics. kitedude. Any chance you can post some pics of the new bar system as well. Would like to see that up close. Thanks.

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:51 am

unfortunatly the bars won't be available for another while, but as soon as they arrive i'll have pictures up.

kik128
Frequent Poster

Postby kik128 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:01 am

Can you also put a picture of the bag up please.

Kitedemon
Medium Poster

Postby Kitedemon » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:22 am

Let me just say, The valve pokers, They are top notch. No more pinching the valves to let the air out. You can actually sit the pokers inside the valve when deflating and they will lodge themselves in there until withdrawn. Very handy. In any case, once inserted, the air is more or less expelled immediateley from the smaller tubes ( they are all smaller in the 2005 kites, as you can see in the pics ). This kite packs down to such a small size it's unbelievable. Acres of space inside the bags. Easily fit pump bar and lines inside aswell, and I mean easily.

Put it this way on the older kites I was able to fit a 9M and a 16M inside the same bag with bar lines,pump and harness. These are even better.

edosan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Puclaro (Chile)
Favorite Beaches: Puclaro (Chile), Paracuru (Brazil)
Style: No Style, I Suck! :D
Gear: Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force

Postby edosan » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:33 pm

Here is my contibution:

Mi Weight: 78 Kilos
My Board: Load & Pop 1.30 Mt 2.5 kilos, Flat.
Wind: 20-25 Knots
Spot: Puclaro, Chile
Conditions: Chop

(This is my first review in English, so sorry for my writing mistakes)
Finally the OR Bronco 2005 came to our hands, and we have test it in one of the best places in the world for wind sports PUCLARO (see this post phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2309743&start=0&p ... highlight= ) At first sight you can see that the kite have less weight than the 2004, the stunts are lot thinner and the zipper is out. But still been a very resistant kite, natural in Ocean Rodeo Kites.

The OR Bronco is a Mid Aspect (Mid High if you ask me) Kite Mid Aspect, wish give you a great stability and a better Pop. In the air it is very solid and respond very well to the bar with fast turning but very control ones (thanks to the multiple attachments) .

Lots of other kites in that spot present some kind of inverse jellyfish (don’t know how is the exactly word in English) when the back lines are to loose. Does not happend with the Bronco 2005 wish is very steady. The wind range is amazing, I was with my 10 comfortable when other where with his 8, and when they where pumping their kites, the Bronco 2005 was flying very good without pumping.

The Esthetic design is almost the same, very few changes compared with the 2004. As the OR logo in the Kite.

nofear
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 12.5 stone
Local Beach: lowestoft
Gear: 4.5m bullet ..ocean rodeo bronko 9m .. mountainboard

Re: 2005 Ocean rodeo kite pics

Postby nofear » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:01 am

hi all i have an ocean rodeo bronco 9m need some help with the lines if anyboby can help
it only has what looks like 4 places on the outside edge ie short line with notes in
and in the middle of the leading edge a loop i cant find any pics as to how the lines and bar are connected
thanks andy

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m/5m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35 / Microchip
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:07 am

You should not be flying this kite, it belongs in a museum.
This is an old school bridleless c-kite and you should stay far, far away from this.
As a general rule get bridled kites post 2015 unless you exactly know what you are doing.

Off course, this assumes you can already kiteboard. If not start with lessons first.
These users thanked the author leeuwen for the post:
nofear (Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:51 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:18 am

U reply a 2004 post guys....😁😁 Maybe u not kite at the time this guy Ask question.. amazing
These users thanked the author kiterocky for the post:
nofear (Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:51 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”