Forum for kitesurfers
kitenb
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Jamie Pro 2005..anyone ride them yet

Postby kitenb » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:52 am

Thinking about getting the Medium size in this board. Does anyone have any reviews on this board? I liked most things about the 2004 Jamie Pro 128, except that it seemed to require a lot of back foot pressure all the time. Just curious if that is the same for the new ones? Any info would be great...thanks.

kitenb
Frequent Poster

Postby kitenb » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:15 pm

anyone??? Dwight?? someone must have tried one of these boards...

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs

Postby Stefan » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:55 pm

126 rides very similar to 128 but has a liitle more pop and board speed. Smaller fins might account for speed increase. Still a great all around size for 8-18mtr.

juanbimba
Rare Poster

Jaime pro 2005

Postby juanbimba » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:52 pm

I got it like two weeks ago...i think its a great board...i changed my old cabrinha Icon 130 which wasn't bad at all, but as soon as i changed to the jaime pro small (123) you can feel the big improvement...Going upwind is effortless, it has a great pop its super flexible and i've been using it in very light wind (10-14kn) great results...also in 20 knots and choppy water and again great performance...i strongly recommend the investment...thats the only negative aspect...the price....two weeks after you'll forget about the price..beleive me

WILCO
Very Frequent Poster

Postby WILCO » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:56 pm

Hey Juanbimba, what do you weigh, and which kite did you use in 10-14 knots....oh and do you happen to know the stance width, since i heard it had a narrower stance for kids and women...but i don't want the stance too narrow...

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:40 am

All 3 models come from the same mold. All 3 have the same rocker. All 3 have the same fins. Take a close look at them and you will see all 3 come from the same mold, they just trim more from the tips and rails to make the 3 sizes.

The boards are a lot different than the old Jaime. They ride much smoother in chop. they ride waves better. The board has 5cm fins with same area as old 6cm fins. This gives same grip, while allowing easier slide transitions. The flexi tip gives a nice feel on a wave.

On first ride you immediately notice the softer flex. I think when I load up a progressive edge the pop is more.

The board feels a little lighter.

Foot balance is about the same as before.

Stance width comes in 2 widths for all boards. 14" or 15.75".

xray
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: Pivot 5-8

Postby xray » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:11 am

Can't wait to get mine!
Dwight, what was the stance of the old one? I can measure it but I hope they didn't change it too much. I know some of the new school riders want to ride wide stances for the power it gives but for cruising it's not relaxed. I've seen the same bullshit in snowboarding with the kneebreaking megawide stances and for instance the Sol from Naish has also a wide stance but it just istn't comfortable.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:36 am

xray wrote:Can't wait to get mine!
Dwight, what was the stance of the old one? I can measure it but I hope they didn't change it too much. I know some of the new school riders want to ride wide stances for the power it gives but for cruising it's not relaxed. I've seen the same bullshit in snowboarding with the kneebreaking megawide stances and for instance the Sol from Naish has also a wide stance but it just istn't comfortable.
Old was about 14.75"

Biel
Rare Poster

Postby Biel » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:54 am

All 3 models come from the same mold. All 3 have the same rocker. All 3 have the same fins. Take a close look at them and you will see all 3 come from the same mold, they just trim more from the tips and rails to make the 3 sizes
Same rocker for each board? - When I was windsurfing the major thing in rocker was, that the bigger the board is, the more scoop/rocker you needed in order to get it to work. This might have changed???

I´m not so interestet in the details as I used to be (as long as the gear works :D ), but I still wondered if that little thing changed after the focus in boarddesign turned over towards flex

CBIEL
Last edited by Biel on Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xray
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: Pivot 5-8

Postby xray » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:35 am

Thanks Dwight

Return to “Kitesurfing”