Forum for kitesurfers
Lindy @ Sharkless.com
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiteboarder Magazine Comment

Postby Lindy @ Sharkless.com » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:58 pm

Kiteboarder magazine is a great Magazine. They are doing a good job, but the comic artist seems to have tried to get a laugh at the expense of some of our local kiteboarder friends, the bros. Was it simply in good fun or another reason? I am in the process of doing a comic based on local characters as well, but I have made the effort to personally ask each individual's permission to use their name/likeness in a gesture of good faith. A little friendly competition is ok, but a lot of people are concerned that the kiteboarding community is getting too competitive. "Kite politics" is dividing the kiteboarding community. We all share the same passion: kiteboarding, and one of the reasons we like kiteboarding is because it brings us away from the work place politics that we have to deal with in our 9 - 5 jobs. Kiteboarding is fun, let's keep it that way.

Lindy

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:47 pm

Hey,,

It's easiest to work GrOm game, play up the camel toe and they'll forget all about the you're dead thing.

Nobody likes the your dead thing anyway; plus that's in the past we fixed that.

Sales are the primary object, pussy works, we all like to see a little toe, bitches booze and the bad boy image add up to good numbers.

On the mandatory safety side be very carful, better to skirt (wink) the subject.

If we can get the right people in a position of enployment , then we can manage their content, it's important not to rock the boat, we need momentum, roll the ball, build some speed, and don't look back.

Full steamy ahead,,,,It's all about the stoke, some jokes just ain't funny.

You want the job right? play ball then.

Politics? not here, not yours, We have a game plan.

Play, ball's, bitches, and for the love of God keep it light.

You're absolutely right, we need to all be on the same page

It's all good all the time, remember that and you'll do fine,
Not only will we get rich we'll get fucking laid,,,,

We all like a little toe don't we :wink:

fokiten

mx5alan
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Kiteboarder Magazine Comment

Postby mx5alan » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:09 pm

Lindy @ Sharkless.com wrote:Kiteboarder magazine is a great Magazine. They are doing a good job, but the comic artist seems to have tried to get a laugh at the expense of some of our local kiteboarder friends, the bros.
Isn't that what comics/cartoons are all about ? :D

cartoon - a humorous or satirical drawing, esp. one in a newspaper or magazine, concerning a topical event.
comic = a strip of cartoons.

What about all the Kerry & Bush cartoons during the Predential Elections ?
Was it simply in good fun or another reason?
IMO, just in good fun. Have you seen his other work - Loads of other well known riders.... :wink:

sharkless
Rare Poster

Postby sharkless » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:38 pm

The thing with cartoons in the newspaper is they are political. As for kiting i just want to stay away from the stress. I love hitting the water, and thinking of want im going to try coming back to shore. The rush of seeing the beach and only thinking of what move, im going to try and if i can make it.

and Fokiten, what the hell are you saying, i think most of the people here just amuse you because we think your kinda tarded. haha. But i have to ask what do you mean?

Im just joking man!, but what did you mean?

sharkless
Rare Poster

Postby sharkless » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:53 pm

Hey everyone,

Just for the record...

People are always asking us via email and phone calls if we work for a certain local business, kiteboarding company, are team riders or get free stuff from companies on a regular basis. I want to clear this up. We have no monetary income from kiteboarding what-so-ever. Nor do we get free gear or kick backs from anyone. We have gotten discounts from local shops and on occasion from the kite and board companies for our own personal gear. I did win a trip from Best Kiteboarding, and some kites, however I dont get kick backs from Best (Which we are very grateful for.) We are totally nuetral to all kiteboarding business.

We like the idea that no one owns Sharkless but us. People have asked me what i like about kite brands, such as what kites and i tell them what i like and dont like. I am not biased against or towards any certain brands.

So just for the Record what we do and say is on your own free will.

Chris
Sharkless

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:06 pm

sharkless wrote: and Fokiten, what the hell are you saying, i think most of the people here just amuse you because we think your kinda tarded.
Now that's a mouthful:

speakin of tarded, do you really think questioning the ethics of this mag is good for your business?

Of course I'm assuming your business is getting things published in kite rags.

What I'm saying is: When it'a about money your allegiance is to your investors and their concern is about the bottom line .

It's a circumstance where the right thing to do as a publisher is to make money...

Now in this framework you gotta be nuts if you think equity is even on the table.

That's what I'm saying

Thanks fokiten

sharkless
Rare Poster

Postby sharkless » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:54 pm

cool.

I agree with you on the money side. Although we aren't a business. But its a money driven sport.

hatteras-two-liner
Rare Poster

Postby hatteras-two-liner » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:27 am

hey, i think everyone would benefit from a little friendly heckling...
if the "sloneah sisters" are offended from that little comic, they
need to join the marines and toughen up....

some people are just obvious targets....that's life....they should
feel honored....

speaking of heckling....read the "celebrity death match" thread...
that some of the funniest stuff i have seen yet....

you gotta love it.....do you think any of those forum personalities
are "offended"....

doubtful...

Lindy @ Sharkless.com
Frequent Poster

Postby Lindy @ Sharkless.com » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:52 am

This kind of heckling is usually done out of somekind of admiration. They earned enough respect in the industry to be poked fun at and for people to recognize who they are. That says a lot.

FEEL FREE TO MAKE FUN OF ME. If not, I will just make fun of myself in my next comic. Heck my husband gets made fun of every comic, but it's out of love......Hey, that gets me wondering.. Do you guys think that Carlos Los what's his name (creator of McTweak) really loves The Bros.. It's one of those "boy girl you hit the girl when you really love them" middle school deals! In that case.. Carlos really loves Rick I too because he made reference to the Rick I point list.

All these victims of comical satire deserve credit. They've done enough in the industry to be noticed publically.

Lindy

hein
Very Frequent Poster

Postby hein » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:11 am

= =
Last edited by hein on Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”