Forum for kitesurfers
loaded
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BESt Swivel bar -Q??

Postby loaded » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:13 am

Only had a quick look at this but can't work out how you don't lose your kite if you drop the bar??

What you guys do, attach a kite leash? if so where abouts on the bar?

The swivel to remove front line twists is the best yet, works an absolute treat, just need to shorten that chicken length up a bit and solve the kite leash issue and I'll be a happy man.

Cheers.

Matt Snowdon
Medium Poster

Postby Matt Snowdon » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:13 am

It is a bit of a pain when you are unhooking cause if you let go of the bar you lose the kite and everything.
If you use a suicide leash you can connect it to the chicken loop and hope that ur kite will crash if you let go.
I have been using the swivel bars since March this year and have found them to be one of the BEST bars on the market. The swivel keeps your front lines untangled all the time and you dont have to worry about a safety leash wrapping around your chicken loop and wondering if the safety is still going to work. :thumb:

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:37 am

Fella, the kite leash is already there, its the short bit coming out of the top section of the center line and going to one of the front lines.

A|s matt said, attach the suicide leash to the chicken and you are set. of course if you want the kite to fully depower if you stuff an unhooked move, then you need to re rig with a re ride leash.

cheddaz
Rare Poster

Postby cheddaz » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:27 pm

Yeah you've got two red pulls the top one is too leash the one closest is the emergency loose the kite...

I've found this is easy to set up as a five line set up.

add a pigtail with knot to the metal ring so it's is effectly the same length as the other one knot on the depower strap.
then add your fifth line 2 mtrs longer to the leash line knot ( the hanging line) and run it through the eye hole (in the same way as you did your other line (with the ball on the near side as before) and bingo you've got a perfect fifth line system...

Nitemare to hook back in, in the water should you wish to but I'm thinking about using the Globe rider line organisers system to help with that.
(the one that keeps lines the right way round.)

uncleneil
Frequent Poster

Postby uncleneil » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:38 pm

Loaded,

The swivel bar is for riders who don't want their leash to tangle in the c/loop but still be able to spin the bar back or riders that never unhook. The carbon bar is availible for riders that want a reride leash system. The red ball just under the depower strap is your safety on the swivel bar but only if you are hooked into your c/loop. Doesn't really make sense to have reride safety on swivel bar as the leash will just tangle in the c/loop when you spin the bar back.

Ride-On!
I Will.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:54 pm

yeh, if you want to go unhooked just run a clasp end line from your harness to the chicken loop.

works for me.

fskite
Medium Poster

Postby fskite » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:44 pm

hey cheddaz
how about drawing a picture - cant quite understand and would really like to try and convert mine to a 5th - are you saying you move safety brake/front line to become a fixed line and then attache your new 5th line where the break was?

cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”