No Pump ReQuired
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby No Pump ReQuired » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:42 pm

MonkeyAir wrote:Hi Biggins.
Leave the spars in and roll up the kite and shove it in it's bag with the bottom of the bag extended with the zipper as designed. Quick kite to get in the air and back to the hotel that way. (Half the time of my leis) In all the years of using and pimping these kites, I have only seen one ruined zipper and that was on a kite that was proto and had quite a few years on it. Just keep it clean occasionaly with yer tooth brush...:o)
Have Fun.
Traig

Quick way is to let the wind deflate the kite for you,

sand the upwind wind tip of the kite while the kite is fully inflated, now do the reverse of your normal pre flight set up inflation.

1)Unzip the deflation zip in the middle of the kite,

2)then also unzip the downwind end zip,

3)Leave the upwind zip closed.

This method then acts as a venturi effect ( sucking air out of the kite) and you will find the wind moving across the kite 2/3 deflates it for you.

While this is happening leave the kite and roll your lines up. Then come back to your kite and roll the kite 2 tips together with battens in, very easy and most of the air has been removed.

:thumb:

NPR

biggins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby biggins » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:55 pm

NPR, thanks! that will help in the wet sand stuff we have now. the 19V is a monster to put away in the wind. no 19V now though crazy winds here! :D

No Pump ReQuired
Frequent Poster

Postby No Pump ReQuired » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:35 pm

biggins wrote:NPR, thanks! that will help in the wet sand stuff we have now. the 19V is a monster to put away in the wind. no 19V now though crazy winds here! :D
\

Hi Biggins,

last thing I heard you were heading to South Korea for a while,? did you get some good kiting in there. New a guy called Spider who was a mad , keen kiter from Seoul, he use to. Fly FS and North kites.

NPR

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V5, 11/14 Enduro v2, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M, Alpha V1 8/10M, Hyperlink V1 9/12m, Chrono V3 13M UL Axis Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:10 am

We had a venom deom day here in Sydney last weekend courtesy of Mr Float, Pete and Fiona Lynn, Sactap wonder AJ, and lots of other friends of the Venom.
Spars not an issue if you leave them in, deflation is easy if you do like No Pump Req says.
We had a lot of people try out the kites, all were impressed and sold some because of the performance on the kite, everyone loved the quick and easy setup, easy launch and landing, great upwind with big floaty jumps.
At one stage, like for over 90mins all sizes we had were on the water in the 15 - 20+ knots winds we had, so that was people on 10's, 13's, 16's, 19's and even a custom 15 of Pete Lynns. This was a great demonstration of the range these kites have. The smaller kites may have had the internal strap tightened, although my 13 was straight out of the bag brand new and it was fine as is.
The new bars are great, safety is good and simple, lines look identical to Ozone (probably are).
Setup can be as quick as any inflato, even one pumps, or as slow and cruisy as you want, personally I don't like to rush at setup and launch phase, each to their own on that one.
Awesome kites, every serious kiter should try one before dismissing them.
Note - kite does not come with a pump, cannot get punctures, and is annoyingly stable :o

biggins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby biggins » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:41 am

Hey NPR,

Yeah, I:m in S Korea but am on vacation in Okinawa now! Man the winds are 25 knots AGAIN today!!! but cold for me. (52 F) These Venoms are pretty sweet, but not sure on the low end yet as it:s been windy. Oh, gotta go kite buddies here to pick me up for ANOTHER all day kiting excursion!!! :bye:

kitesurfbali
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom

Postby kitesurfbali » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:28 am

Ciao Lack,
You are right....
Today used the V-16 with 32 meters line, (7 meter extension).
Most of people using 20 meters kite, 12-14 knots quite gusty, I interview the pumpers and the comment about the wind was that they were going from a bit overpower to but in the water.
Low end is much better compare with the 25 meter I was using.
I like the direct feeling of the 25 meter line but at this point I think that 30 meters would be the right balance!!
Bye Jankie

biggins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby biggins » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:20 pm

Ok I:ve kept the spars in and used the depower method as suggestion and SO much better! very easy to set up and put down now. I also figured out I was using the 19V with the inner strap at max depower! Ill set it for max power and test the low end tomorrow on the skim. should be VERY light and Im 200 plus lbs so....should be a good test. Thanks again guys...great vacation so far! :thumb:

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:58 pm

Nice to hear that these kites are so sensitive to line length. Makes sense when you consider all the advice Traig and others have given over and over again about using fast low rocker mutants to get the best out of your low end. Arcs need some kite speed to perform, simple as that, They have always had less grunt in low winds than inflatables for this reason. When the wind is up arcs are sweeet. It would seem that rigidity is the key issue as that is what has changed in the designs recently to give better bottom end. I have a two bar set up to give me all the range I need out of a two arc quiver. A 60cm with 30m lines for the light stuff, and a 50cm with 25m lines for the real wind. Could also help bridge the gap between the 16 and 10m, but with the increadible range on these kites I doubt the 30m lines will spend any time on the 10m. Might be fun for a change just to see how much height you can get! I mostly want the long lines for a good low end without having to own a monster kite.

Kind of nice when you can mess with board size/rocker, kite size and line length to dial into conditions. Personally I like it simple so an extra bar with 30m lines is a great way to make a two kite one board quiver work. Also nice when you snap a line and want to head right back out! Besides its a lot easier to haul an extra bar around than a second board or third kite. Two bars take up about as much space as say.... a pump!

Starsky

biggins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby biggins » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:28 pm

Ok the bag for the 13m is plenty big enough to keep the spars in but.... the bag for the 19V could be about twice as wide to get the darn thing in. It took me quite a while indoors to put the moster in that little bag they give!!! but great kite so its worth it. Any better ideas on putting it away. I cant get it thin enough rolled up to get in the bag.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:10 pm

for my Phantoms, i just sewed up some " sausage bags " with nylon and netting. i roll the kite up and then stuff it in from one end. be sure to make it long enough.

Return to “Kitesurfing”