Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

free kites continued

Forum for kitesurfers
not annonymous
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby not annonymous » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:19 am

I think some of you kids have a very limited perception of the sport.

So you know how to wakeboard.
Big deal.

Go learn to surf. Learn to skimboard. Learn to snowboard. Then learn to do all those things with a kite. Learn to master all of those dangly tricks you think are so lame before you come back and bitch about how stupid they are.

What's the matter?

You scared or something?

Maybe you just don't have the ability.

justoon
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby justoon » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:02 am

This sport has a lot more potential to go mainstream than a lot of other watersports or other so called extreme sports.It isnt going to happen ova night but when you put this sport into a pricing perspective its bloody cheap,easy accessabile to joe public and looks spectacular no matter if its just a big dingle dangle air or a powered mobe/handepass whatever.its cheaper than MX and in the right conditions has a better power to wieght ratio hence forth a better thrill factor than a hell of a lot of other sports.repairs are cheaper than a lot of other sports as are spares.As soon as joe public wakes up to this fact whatch out cause the flood gates will open.have the public understand what this sport is about will only help the sport in the long run and its potential growth not hinder it. :thumb: just my 2 cents worth.

maddy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby maddy » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:25 am

Ok

now we got in it

FREE KITES

MAKES SENSE THIS WAY :thumb:

sorry nowip beeing bit taff in the discussion, appreciate your cooling :wink: and reasoning

and sorry everybody for my bad english

Ozgrom
Medium Poster

Postby Ozgrom » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:55 am

hey justoon how did the tannum comp go.

thetrash
Medium Poster

Postby thetrash » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:35 am

Wakeboarding isn't the future of kiteboarding it's just going to be a part of it.
Wakestyle move don't impress joe public that are watching from the beach, the uneducated public like watching kiteboarders doing big airs and kiteloops
Wake moves only impress other kiters/wakeboarders for their tecnical difficulty, the moves happen so low,fast and powered that the untrained eye doesn't know what the hell is going on.

Wakestyle might bring wakeboarders into the sport but ultimately big air and waves will bring in the masses.

waveslave
Medium Poster

Postby waveslave » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:09 pm

Hell, there're so many gaymeisters pulling out their gaymeters and measuring styles on the gayscale. That's just sooo gay.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:38 pm

kiteboarding is developing and looking to take a little bit of the market from all the other established sports.

the directional boards are there for the surfers and windsurfers.

the twins and wakestyle are there for the wakeboarders.

a little bit of evertyhing to suit all tastes, thats all its about. no need to get tangled in the 'here is the new now'.

but just one thing, kitesurfers ride slower than wakeboarders, dude get the driver to check the speedo,,, you're doing 24mph max behind a boat.

nowhip
Rare Poster

Postby nowhip » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:34 pm

24 behind a boat until you go around a corner and whip at over 40.
There is no comparison.
I have had many sprains from hitting the water behind a boat.

And about the wakestyle not attracting as many people as big air, I disagree. I think big air is attractive but it will also scare a lot of people, and parents, away from it. I have done parasailing too. And maybe that is why boosting feels much more clumsy to me. I like speed in riding , jumps and landings.
Last edited by nowhip on Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:53 pm

first time i saw kiteboarding was elliot and lou at the hatchery (in 2000?). lou was throwing wakestyle tricks, elliot big airs from a few feet off the rocks. When my motor drive burned a whole roll on one jump, I turned to my bro and said, "I have got to try that." Equally impressive skills, but the flight time sold me. incidentally, elliot was on a blade, if THAT matters...

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windshreder » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:11 pm

="nowhip"] I think that boosting is fun but if you really love that you should get into parasailing for the real rush. I have done parasailing too.
Parasailing............. that is not a sport, it a ride for tourists. :roll:

Hey dude, it just boosted 1000 ft in the air. What a thrill, wooo hoooo!!!

Well I really didnt boost I was towed up and I sat in the straps like a dead fish till they let me down.

Parasailing is lame :roll:

Return to “Kitesurfing”