Dunmore Do Sol Progress?

Forum for kitesurfers
mykrowyre
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dunmore Do Sol Progress?

Postby mykrowyre » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:59 pm

Really excited about Dunmore Do Sol, but website at http://www.kiteflatwater.com says it's been delayed about 6 months. Anyone know what their progress is? Are they just trying to get the lagoons built? Is the hotel itself still under construction also?

Thanks

BigR
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BigR » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:13 pm

Doesn't sound like there is any progress; They said in the past that there were 20 hotel rooms of accomodations to stay in but now say that the construction has been postponed!
LOL!
Is best still PROTOTYPING the hotel rooms? :?:
Maybe people will be able to pay for rooms to stay in that are covered with drywall and ungrouted tiles to see if they work better! LOL!
Also, they claimed up to six lagoons but only one is actually done. :o
Looks like they retracted just under the 45 day opening timeline they had set, but they knew WAY EARLIER that they wouldn't be ready. What a joke Best is, lost all credibility.
Too funny. :P

just do it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush Varial-X, Airush Apex
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby just do it » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:24 pm

Doesn't this project have something to do with the owner of Best?
Maybe that is why its delayed! :thumb:

gumball
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gumball » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:25 pm

The highly anticipated opening of Dunmore do Sol, the world's first premium kiteboarding hotel has unfortunately been delayed due to bureaucratic difficulties. As of May 1st 2005 the local governing body in charge of environmental development, S.E.M.A.C.A. implicated a new law requiring all future development projects to be approved using a new appraisal process called, E.I.A./R.I.M.A.

Due to the pristine location of Dunmore do Sol, a large percentage of it will need to be reviewed by the E.I.A. /R.I.M.A. process. This review process is expected to take at least 6-9 months before any hotel construction can begin due to the scale of the region involved and the detailed bureaucratic process that has to be completed to finalize approval.

Best has nothing to do with Dunmore do Sol or its sister resort, The Dunmore Beach Club. These are both properties I own personally, and if you read between the lines or have any experience developing real estate in a foreign country, it's pretty obvious what happened.

Believe me, no one is more disappointed than me, but it will get done as soon as possible.

BigR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigR » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:34 pm

Best has nothing to do with Dunmore do Sol or its sister resort, The Dunmore Beach Club. These are both properties I own personally,
GB, And you have nothing to do with best either?
Hello!
A little critical thinking is in order, do you not own all three?

mykrowyre
Frequent Poster

Postby mykrowyre » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:39 pm

gumball, not looking to start a bashing thread here, just want a status of where things are so I can plan my vacation. Will the hotel itself be operational in 6 months? Is the construction of the lagoons what is causing the red tape over there?

Thanks

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:48 pm

"bureaucratic difficulties"

how about enviromental issues, its funny when we go to our locla beach we care about the enviorment and when we take times to read teh signs explaining how the council are protecting the dunes, and not to walk on them et,etc. we smile and are happy that soembody is doing something to protect out natural enviorment.

yet when some body like GB come salog he gives it the fingers and ploughs it down.

kinda reminds of the opening scene of Team America when they destroy Paris and look for thanks

Kite Scarecrow
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kite Scarecrow » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:01 pm

Dont you guys have something better to do with your time other than sit on the forum and mark Gballs every word so you can call him later on it in the forum?

-OR-

Is it that you are such spoiled tit-babies that all you can do is cry when something dosent happen the way you think it shoud???

Get a life! Go Kite.

just do it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush Varial-X, Airush Apex
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby just do it » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:19 pm

On a different note and this is nothing to do with trying to bash Best or Gumball.
I have been to that Lagoon in February 2004 and I loved the whole area because it was still raw and unspoiled, well apart from some horrificly ugly buidlings in Icarai.
I would absolutely hate to see anymore Hotels go up anywhere around this coast-line.
I know this one is supposed to be for Kitesurfers and that's us but why spoil a nice place with yet another Hotel. I hope it doesn't get planing permission and I hope nothing ever will around there.
Leave nice places in peace.
Gumball maybe you should just buy the land and then let kitesurfer roam freely and make sure no Hotel gets built around that lagoon, ever!

Skyway Scott

Postby Skyway Scott » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:06 pm

Alex (Gumball),

Thanks for responding. I am not smart enough to read between the lines though. I was under the impression there were five lagoons and a resort (a building).

If I were to visit that spot today, what would I see? Half a building that was stopped midstream, or something that got stopped before it had a chance.

I am just curious about if you got delayed with half of it up and going, cuz that would surely suck.

Return to “Kitesurfing”