Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ban Half Day Lessons III

Forum for kitesurfers
selah
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby selah » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:47 pm

Well, looks like they might finally do it. Ban the 1/2 day lessons, I mean. I talked to some people in the know and they said they're working on poverty, world hunger, disease, infant mortality, drug addiction, and traffic in Yosemite National Park, but their going to take a closer look at 1/2-day kitesurfing lessons, pronto!

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:40 pm

selah wrote:Well, looks like they might finally do it. Ban the 1/2 day lessons, I mean. I talked to some people in the know and they said they're working on poverty, world hunger, disease, infant mortality, drug addiction, and traffic in Yosemite National Park, but their going to take a closer look at 1/2-day kitesurfing lessons, pronto!
You don't know anyone working on poverty, world hunger, disease, infant mortality, drug addiction, and traffic in Yosemite National Park. All of these things are of much greater value except for the traffic issue, but in life when you know something is wrong and you can make a change, you have to do it. These lesson claiming you can learn the sport in have a day get people in trouble and bring the wrong kind into the sport. Please look for some other post to make smart ass remarks.:arse:

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:41 pm

Regards,

I think it's no suprise there are those who'd be disingenuous in exchange for some easy money, what's new?

What I find truly disturbing is that there seems to be industry support for these self appointed sanctioning bodies that indorse the unscrupled in exchange for what amounts to a mere cash consideration.

It seems our Safety concern actually has spawned the most unsavory of characters into positions where they make the claims and have no accountability to anyone...

Save perhaps you and I, Sea&Sun.

(it's a user forum, speak up if you can take a stand)

So Mr. IKO wtf you got to say?

Eh? You sanction this school.

WHY???

I'm listening...

We got the goods on you,,,pony up ya Mofos...

Explain to me why you should be allowed to get away with this crap.

Why exactly should we not be looking over your shoulder?

Are you accountable?

If so,

Let's hear it.

Thanks for your reply

fokiten

Ricardo
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Unfair attack

Postby Ricardo » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:42 am

Hey Fo it seems pretty unfair to me that you can rip apart a written advert from the other side of the world without having seen a lesson conducted by Kitepower in person.
If you had seen a lesson conducted by Steve or his staff you would definately have a different opinion.
At least unlike other shops he does not sell gear to inexperienced kiters .

If you could see the number of newbies turning up here and endangering themselves and others after having bought gear off Ebay and launching large kites out of control upwind from rock groynes then I think you would change your opinion about structured lessons.
I hate to think what our summer will be like.

fokiten

Re: Unfair attack

Postby fokiten » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:52 am

Ricardo wrote:Hey Fo it seems pretty unfair to me that you can rip apart a written advert from the other side of the world without having seen a lesson conducted by Kitepower in person.
If you had seen a lesson conducted by Steve or his staff you would definately have a different opinion.

If you could see the number of newbies turning up here and endangering themselves and others after having bought gear off Ebay and launching large kites out of control upwind from rock groynes then I think you would change your opinion about structured lessons.
Ricardo,,

Thanks for your comment, I am addressing the advert, the IKO etc. because that's all that's availible to us hear on this forum.

If his ad were not his ad I'd be addressing someone else.

If his ad were sanctioned by some other body I'd be address this other body.

The ad is what it is,,,the IKO seems to sanction it, What more can I say?

If he were to re-word it, I'd have no case, no quarrle...

What do you suggest?

I'd like to get this sorted, so I can discuss something else

Thanks for your post
fo

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Re: Unfair attack

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:59 am

Ricardo wrote:Hey Fo it seems pretty unfair to me that you can rip apart a written advert from the other side of the world without having seen a lesson conducted by Kitepower in person.

G'day Ricardo

Thanks for the support, means a lot to me. My advice though is ignore this revenge seeking, spiteful, got nothin to offer, loser.

When he stops selling out, he might get some tiny bit of cred and the amusement he was once good for, back again.

In the meantime all he offers is useless posts, aimed solely at "trying" to discredit Kitepower, because I have stood up to him.
Sea and Sun is an alias of his, he has others, including Honeypiddle, everyone loved it when he forgot who he was and posted as one alter ego while signed in as a completely different one!!!! :lol:

I have asked him dozens of times now to post his realistic, practical, workable kite lesson, where is it?

He ignores any request to put up, because he has nothin to offer.

All he is good for is negative, put down posts, never offering any solution, just name calling and foul language - and its getting boring fast.

His predictable response to being called out in one thread is to start other multiple threads on lessons designed solely to slag off at Kitepower. If no-one posts to these threads, guess what one of his aliases does.

He has nothing, other than an obsession mixed with paranoid delusions.
Useless
Nothing

Put up the detailed lesson plan or shut up! :thumb:

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:32 am

Sure,,

The idea should be to assit the riider until he can rig ride and fend for himself.

What else don't you know?
fo

PS, to Sea&Sun, SEE? what did I tell you,,,wink

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:47 am

fokiten wrote:Sure,,

The idea should be to assit the riider until he can rig ride and fend for himself.

What else don't you know?
fo

PS, to Sea&Sun, SEE? what did I tell you,,,wink
The defence rests its case

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

Ps to Sea&Sun alias of Fokiten - Put up or shut up! :bye:

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:50 am

Clean up your act.

PLEASE

Thanks
fo

Once again,

The idea is too assit the rider until he CAN ride (leave the beach) not to cut him loose on the beach with no ZERO ridding skills.

To confirm that this later situation is exactly what is done by our little safe safe safe pimp, just click his link and see for yourself.

regards
fokiten

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:05 am

fokiten wrote:Clean up your act.

PLEASE

Thanks
fo

Once again,

The idea is too assit the rider until he CAN ride (leave the beach) not to cut him loose on the beach with no ZERO ridding skills.

To confirm that this later situation is exactly what is done by our little safe safe safe pimp, just click his link and see for yourself.

regards
fokiten
How about you clean up your pompous, arrogant, spiteful act?

Read the entire webpage, if you attention span can last that long.

But hey, lets hear your detailed lesson plan, the one where you teach someone who knows nothing about kites.
All the details, now, please.
Thanks.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

Return to “Kitesurfing”