Crossbow reviews.

Forum for kitesurfers
Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Crossbow reviews.

Postby Sea&Sun » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:11 pm

How about some owners of Crossbows or people who have tried them giving us some reviews. Please no bashing and stuff.

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:54 pm

I can't believe I have 9 pages on the HellFish and not one reply on the crossbow

zim
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby zim » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:45 pm

I have tried the 9 meter crossbow. its pretty differient it is hard to say if most people will like it or not. first off it just looks wierd. even weirder in person than from the pictures. Once its up in the air it feels solid. It turns on axis like a very low aspect ratio kite but takes some pulling just to get the bar to move. there really is no substantial pressure on the bar just you have to pull to turn. the biggest differience you will notice is the power and depower. the kite feels like a machine because of how precise the power control is. you could definatly get the range of a typical 5 meter through a 12 meter kite on the 9. For me the most supprising part about flying the crossbow was that it wasn't very fast flying. The upwind performance wasnt any better than my slingshots and the riding speed was the same. it was great for wakestyle moves. The jumping was fun. It doesnt really whip you off the water fast but aslong as you dont depower the hight is good and the hangtime is insane. i had a few 25 ft jumps that were easily 7 or 8 seconds. if you were really powered on this kite you could just levitate. overall i liked the kite alot but i wish they werent so expensive.

gomogli
Medium Poster

Postby gomogli » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:22 am

Just rode the 9 and the 12 for the first time, its a very different kite, you will get higher and floatier jumps, it will take you a little to get used too....i rode the 9 in about 20 to 25 and the 12 in about 15 to 20, i think i could ride the 9 pretty easy up to 30........ the bar setup is a little different and took me a little to get used to, compared to last years recon......i really like the saftey realease....i am still here in maui and will post some more reviews the more i get to know the kites......

OLIVER

GregW
Frequent Poster

Postby GregW » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:29 am

This forum has been full of reviews for the last couple of weeks. The Crossbow in Melbourne thread has heaps of stuff as do some of the other threads. Most of the reviews have been pretty accurate compared to my experience.

Nick-san
Frequent Poster

Postby Nick-san » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:38 am

Just tried the Crossbow 12 today. A really remarkable kite. I won't go into the details as everyone else has posted them here. Just wanted to say that all the hype is completely true. Actually it was even better than I thought. You only need to fly it for a few minutes to see how different it is to classic kites. One things for sure, Cabrinha is going to sell a hell of a lot of kites this year.

oceanplay
Very Frequent Poster

Postby oceanplay » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:30 pm

Nick-san wrote:Just tried the Crossbow 12 today. A really remarkable kite. I won't go into the details as everyone else has posted them here. Just wanted to say that all the hype is completely true. Actually it was even better than I thought. You only need to fly it for a few minutes to see how different it is to classic kites. One things for sure, Cabrinha is going to sell a hell of a lot of kites this year.
They will sell many more in 6 months at 1/2 price, like the rest of their line of kites. Just look at the co2 and contra. I'm sure it's a good kite just wait to put out all that money and you will get a good deal on the kite.

Big hype = big money / buy time = nice kite cheap!

Or just get the wind wing (already cheap and a great kite) and it is better from some of the posts I read. No bridles and no bar pressure! :thumb:

CosmoDog
Frequent Poster

Postby CosmoDog » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:06 pm

Rode a 12m CrossBow yesterday.
Really liked it and its a huge step for safety:
Just sheet out and the power drops off.
The jumping took some getting used to: no
need to send if hard and lots of float.
I really want a quiver, but the price is making me hesitate....

-J.R.

Kurt
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: 08' 10m HP
09' 12m HP
'07 17m Waroo Pro
'10 17m Ozone Zephyr
135x42 Custom board

Postby Kurt » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:07 pm

I've read a fair amount of the reviews and have a couple of questions.

Do you think people who ride powered on the stopper will like this kite?
Without having to hook into the powerlock close to your body?

Do you think the extra fittings/lines etc on the bar and kite are going to
cause problems down the track?

Interested in your feedback.

mwi
Rare Poster

Postby mwi » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:45 pm

Xbow in Holland:

9 and 12 @ 25+ knots. No further details available

http://www.watersportscheveningen.nl/fi ... w.high.mov

Return to “Kitesurfing”