Forum for kitesurfers
Preppie
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish Tch -06

Postby Preppie » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:37 am

Anyone tried the new tch 16 -06? The design is fantastic!
I got the tch 16 from -04/-05 and i really like it, beside the design of the new one, how is the prestanda?

Scott Evil
Frequent Poster

Postby Scott Evil » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:19 pm

anyone seen any color-ways?

Can you post them?

SE

azazello
Medium Poster

Postby azazello » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:15 pm

What the heck are you guys talking about? Kite colors?

I rode '06 16m torch last weekend. Liked it a lot, it's very smooth and controllable, turns fast for a 16m, very good depower range. In a word, it's a fun kite - feels very well balanced.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:02 am

Hey,Azazelo could you give some more details about the Torch 06 pls.?
How do you compare it to the 05/ turning, hang, b.end,h.end etc./. Is the LE thinner? Is there any changes to the Shift sys.
I have 05 torch 16 wich is making me better rider- each session basis and I`m considering to stick with the Torches....

dalton
Rare Poster

Postby dalton » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:17 pm

You can find info about Designer’s technical comments on creating the 2006 Torch: phpbb/news_show.php?m_id=151

You can also find a torch review in dutch on http://www.kitehigh.nl
http://www.kitehigh.nl/r_naish_torch_20 ... w_kite.php. You can translate on http://www.altavista.com (dutch to english)

""Review Torch 12.2006
1 august 2005

We have got the possibility the Naish Torch 12 model 2006 of Naish importer kubus, of testing so that we vast review concerning can write there.

Dominant testrider
Name: Erik Verheij.
Weight: approximately 70 kilos.
Kite now: 2 years.
Level: kiteloopt and make board offs 360.
Own material: Naish Ravens and Thorn 129 board.

Conditions
Wind: good 4 up to 5 Bft.
: cloudy with in the afternoon more sun.
Water: tightly to choppy conditions.

Expectations
The Torch have been developed for trucjes of this time, the so-called ' new-school tricks '. For this kite easy uitgehaakt must sail, rapidly twist and well depoweren. All this makes handles passes and kiteloops accessible. Piglet air is for me an important component but there the kite for has not been intended. Probably the Naish will improve Raven for that component its. According to the information of Naish the Torch would be faster than previous year. This would be especially well noticeable at the larger half-measures.

First impression
Once the kite from the case to have obtained, appears that sound finishing has hardly changed of Naish. Octopus system is also on this model present. This ensures that the kite in a time can be pumped up. On the first eye is, which the struts and the tubes thinner become to be in comparison with the 2005 models. It is striking that the wingtips have become broader. I find the design with the prints on the tips good see. The case is not very large but very sound and functional. Unfortunately is everything still this way new that the Torch 2006 bar are not yet ready. We tell have let our that the bar is entirely renewed. Thus you to the profile on the bar are able feel to what left and Right is, so that you can keep him no longer found oneself fixed.

On the range
It is up to that point! The kite stand tight in air and sense also terrible stably.

On water
After half uurtje I touched varen quite got used to the kite. From the beginning it sensed trusted. The bardruk are a lot nicely, not too much, too a little. You feel therefore well to where the kite are themselves. The difference with my Naish Raven is that the Torch what more rapidly twists, which makes the kite nicely playful. From time to time with old-school trucs such as board-offs and one-footers had I, however, watch out that I did not draw hard to the bar because then the kite go as a cannonball down and had I rapidly correct. Busy that you feel the moment you will jump, is thus awful constructive. You go quietly up and thus quietly down. The kite have more upward strength and then I expected hangtime! The kite sense also uitgehaakt still terrible gemoedelijk. By its high turn speed the kite have been sticking out arranged for the necessary kiteloops.

Or busy well can I cannot drain you actual this way well say because I was not overpowered.

Resum?strong >
All in all very nice kite which of everything what has, but for Freestyle tricks really terrible is. For the real piglet airs I myself nevertheless catch the Naish Raven. I think that Naish reach the aim certainly of these kite!

Bekijk a photograph of technical product information. "

cato
Rare Poster

Postby cato » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:35 pm

Tch -06 gonna be one of the top kites next year, tried tch 14 and tch 16!

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:08 am

cato wrote:Tch -06 gonna be one of the top kites next year, tried tch 14 and tch 16!
I tried the 14 and 10...

I think your right...

They are realy great kites..

From what i have testet is mayby only the new fuel that are up there...but..we will see.

Havent tried them yet. (When are they out??)

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:42 pm

Funny translation -sounds like Joda speaking! :)
What`s the meaning of terrible and etc. words used in the review?

Preppie
Medium Poster

Postby Preppie » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:07 am

when is the tch 2006 available at the resellers? Must have one!

ilay
Rare Poster

Postby ilay » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:22 pm

already in stock in Israel.
tried the 10 today, even faster then the "old" one
super kiteloop machine!

Return to “Kitesurfing”