Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Don't do Stupid Kiteboarding Tricks

Forum for kitesurfers
gonewiththewind
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby gonewiththewind » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:40 am

Escalate wrote:come on, what is this crap and what are you people worrying about. I don't give a shit what other people do on the water! If people like to handle passes, waveride, do deadmans and big airs IT JUST DOESN'T MATTERS AS LONG YOU HAVE FUN thats the whole point! just have fun!
I agree, BUT, what I should have stressed more in the original post is that I hate seeing that crap in videos, photos, etc. of the pros. I want to see cool kiteboarding when I see a video. People look to the pros to see what direction the sport is heading in, and they often try to emulate what the pros are doing. Of course, do whatever you actually have fun doing. But I think the pros are learning some of these tricks not because they are fun, but simply because they are difficult. And that's just idiotic to me.

Difficult and cool (kiteloops) - SWEET! Difficult and stupid - STOP IT!!! I'm going to see if I can learn how to kiteboard with my hands in the straps and my feet on the bar! Call it the Moby Dick! Maybe I can go pro then!

Escalate
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Escalate » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:39 pm

well, thats the fault of the pkra as they give to much point for these tricks compared to other tricks.

nice evolution that waveriding is coming up though...

Jan:)
Frequent Poster

Postby Jan:) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:05 pm

gonewiththewind wrote:
Difficult and cool (kiteloops) - SWEET! Difficult and stupid - STOP IT!!! I'm going to see if I can learn how to kiteboard with my hands in the straps and my feet on the bar! Call it the Moby Dick! Maybe I can go pro then!
How about you define exactly what is cool and what is stupid?

Ten4
Frequent Poster

Postby Ten4 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:37 pm

hmm.... im glad u guys don't ride at my sport.. all the guys here do what ever but most have certain main styles which we all like to watch and cheer each other on... it seems that you should be having fun and fulfilling your own goals doing what you want to do.. not wat someone thinks is cool

my 2cents

Darktanyan
Frequent Poster

Postby Darktanyan » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:20 pm

Some people look cool, no matter what they do.

gottmoore
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gottmoore » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:03 am

Thanks man

gottmoore
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gottmoore » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:04 am

:lol:
sometimes, if its right there,
you cant resist

@Fo ,
liked the Che G. guerrilla action grammar and ethics comment
viva la revolucion

kjelleren
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjelleren » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:31 pm

you are all right

deepsea
Rare Poster

gonewiththewind, just get gone

Postby deepsea » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:31 pm

the moby dick already exists(tantrum with a backside 3) you hack, as for riding around with your hands in the footstraps, that's been done too. Maybe if you did more riding instead of yanking in front of your computer you wouldn't be starting such a lame thread. I can hardly believe I'm replying to your post but I couldn't resist and there's no wind today...stupid tricks...who the hell made you king. Like some of the other posters replied, just go out there and have fun! The sad part, you probably don't even kite but you've checked out every internet and mag article so you know how to, you just haven't started yet...so sad

gonewiththewind
Very Frequent Poster

Re: gonewiththewind, just get gone

Postby gonewiththewind » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:49 pm

deepsea wrote:the moby dick already exists(tantrum with a backside 3) you hack, as for riding around with your hands in the footstraps, that's been done too.
Oh my god. It's worse than I thought. That's hilarious. I was kidding, and someone's actually gay enough to do that already. So I guess I really will have to resort to juggling while kiteboarding to do something new and difficult.

You all continue to miss my point. Have you read these posts? I do go out there and have fun, and I've said multiple times that you all should do whatever you want to do and have fun too. But the truth is that a lot of people are attempting these tricks because they have seen it in a magazine or a DVD by some bored pro who just doesn't have anything new to learn. I'm ragging on the mass promotion of what I think are the lamest tricks out there, not the individual enjoyment of whatever makes you tick.

Return to “Kitesurfing”