Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Don't do Stupid Kiteboarding Tricks

Forum for kitesurfers
fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fokiten » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:04 pm

72kiteboarder wrote:Don't start threads telling people what to do.
The "Oxymoron post"

72,,,you're a real piece O' work.

LOL,,
fo

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby 72kiteboarder » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:05 pm

I thought you had my posts blocked Fo.
Last edited by 72kiteboarder on Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nwk
Rare Poster

Postby nwk » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:07 pm

Si_B , those toeside to heelside carves arent that for away, you just need to take one day and say i'm not leaving the water till i nail it.

ridin toeside and throwin the kite back or downloopin and cranking a heelside carve as hard as you f***in can is one of the best feelings in kiteboarding as far as i'm concerned and one of the most impressive.

its really not that difficult either so just go for it

P

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:11 pm

72kiteboarder wrote:I thought you had my post's blocked Fo.
What? and miss out!

apostrophe error: "posts" just plain old plural not possesive.

Keep it up.LOL

PS,,,on topic.

Remember you don't have to go toe side to rip transitions,

just spin your stick and dive,dive, dive.

consumer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby consumer » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:19 pm

i'm sorry but a KGB is one of the sickest looking kiteboarding moves ever. You have to really watch it to understand its true grace.

then theres the simple s-bend to blind with a surface pass which is also money.

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby 72kiteboarder » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:39 pm

Simple s-bend to blind
Wow I thought that was kinda hard. If you think it is simple you should be going pro by now.

gonewiththewind
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gonewiththewind » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:57 pm

Of course, it's not about trying to look good to other people for most of us. That's why the first thing I said was "do whatever is fun for you". But the pros are doing it for the cameras, trying to show us the direction of kiteboarding and giving us something to work towards. They are setting bad examples with their silly, not so graceful maneuvers. And it's just because they're looking for something more difficult.

Degree of difficulty should not be the only factor that one pursues when trying to push the envelope. You need to do tricks that complement the natural designs of the sport that you are doing. Surfing would be much more difficult if guys were spinning 360's on the board or doing jumping jacks, but they don't bother trying to learn that crap (okay, other than a few crazy guys back in the 60's). Instead, they keep working on sicker carves, etc. And when wakeboarding, you're being pulled around by a powerboat, so anything goes really. But when kiteboarding, you have a huge kite moving back and forth in an arc, pulling you across the water, which naturally requires arc shaped turns of your board. It incongruous to be flailing about with your arms and sticking your legs out here and there in the midst of a sport that is naturally made up of arc shaped moves.

jaxxy
Rare Poster

Re: like omg!

Postby jaxxy » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:32 pm

selassie wrote: omg!
jex, you are like sooo kewl!
like omg youd have like the sickest ill style on earth if you were like a kiter in real life...
omg.
:/
i no ppl kite for their own satisfaction.. who fuckin cares about the ppl on the beach who know nothing... but... some moves just look dumb and unco. sorry. im 100% sure it takes skill and practice and coordination, i know i snowbaord and i no how much skill pulling off some moves take. im just SAYING that some moves dont look good. they take good timing and practice and control they just look look shit.

youll have to excuse me for having an opinion.. i notice tho that a few of the ppl who started this whole forum thing arent saying anything anymore. meh.

i think kiters do need to keep pullin moves n making up new tricks to progress the sport its so new ppl no nothing about it... i wasnt theone who said DONT do the tricks. do em, they nee to be done to be progressed and refined, just some dont look as good as others.

uncleneil
Frequent Poster

Postby uncleneil » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:40 pm

Are you guys for real? Must be a joke or something. I don't understand how a trick is done so it's a stupid trick or I was standing on the beach watching these guys do these insane tricks too close to shore and I can't tell what they are doing so it sucks. PLEASE!!!!!! The best one was I can't even ride toeside yet without doin a faceplant and the guys that are better then me suck even more then me.

Some tricks are fluid and some aren't. That's the way it is. Progression fixes all of that and as YOU progress you will get better and not feel the same.

Escalate
Medium Poster

Postby Escalate » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:43 am

come on, what is this crap and what are you people worrying about. I don't give a shit what other people do on the water! If people like to handle passes, waveride, do deadmans and big airs IT JUST DOESN'T MATTERS AS LONG YOU HAVE FUN thats the whole point! just have fun!

Return to “Kitesurfing”