Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

BEST does not refund your money?

Forum for kitesurfers
User avatar
mark van haze
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:17 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

BEST does not refund your money?

Postby mark van haze » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:04 pm

Ive been waiting now for over 2 weeks for best to refund the money for an ordered package that never got delivered. Ive written them 3 mails during the last week and got no reply. I called the helpdesk and they assured me the order is cancelled and the money will be refunded (that was 2 weeks ago).
So its not like I want to bash them, but I would really like to see my money back. Please be so kind - you were quick charging my creditcard, so be equally swift refunding please.
Anyone else experienced these kind of problems?

high123
Frequent Poster
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:28 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Northern California
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby high123 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:18 pm

I got a refund for returned kites and the money was back in my credit card account in about a week.

User avatar
Kite Scarecrow
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:59 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Houston Texas
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite Scarecrow » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:25 pm

Toby,

Please either move this post to flamers paradise or to the reviews section because the kiteforum should not be the place where Best customers (of which I am one) try to get customer service answers.

My gut instinct is that this guy is trying to flame Best in a public forum to try to get them to make a move.

Mark, this post has no place on the main forum. A better place would have been the Best forum.

Ian

UNSAFE
Frequent Poster
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:49 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: The 'wick
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby UNSAFE » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:08 pm

Kite Scarecrow wrote:Toby,

Please either move this post to flamers paradise or to the reviews section because the kiteforum should not be the place where Best customers (of which I am one) try to get customer service answers.

My gut instinct is that this guy is trying to flame Best in a public forum to try to get them to make a move.

Mark, this post has no place on the main forum. A better place would have been the Best forum.

Ian
I didn't see you objecting when Best promoted their return/refund policy. This post is feed back on a service heavily promoted on this forum.

the_lone_wolf
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 634
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:46 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: IOW, UK
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby the_lone_wolf » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:11 pm

Ian,

Mark has already posted about his problems with Best customer service regarding this order, he's also a dealer in Ibiza so has a reputation to think about, i don't think he's daft enough to risk that for the sake of one more best bash...

if he's not got any sort of sense from Best then i don't think it's wrong to post on a forum where people can get answers to their questions

User avatar
Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:37 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: SoCal
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rockstar » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:16 pm

Kite Scarecrow wrote:Toby,

Please either move this post to flamers paradise or to the reviews section because the kiteforum should not be the place where Best customers (of which I am one) try to get customer service answers.

My gut instinct is that this guy is trying to flame Best in a public forum to try to get them to make a move.

Mark, this post has no place on the main forum. A better place would have been the Best forum.

Ian
My gut instinct is that you are a Best user and dont like the post because it is critical of Best !
My guess is that it would be banned on the Best Forum.

Thats what you would like to see here ! Yes ?

Anything negative about Best (usually only the truth) should be moved where no one will see it ?

User avatar
Kite Scarecrow
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:59 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Houston Texas
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite Scarecrow » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:31 am

Feeling a little backed into a corner, But that is ok! :D
UNSAFE wrote: I didn't see you objecting when Best promoted their return/refund policy. This post is feed back on a service heavily promoted on this forum.
Nope, no objection at all... Best paid to advertise on this forum, now they have a forum of thier own for people to complain on... and it gets much quicker attention than an average so called "public service announcement" on this forum.

My instincts tell me that MVH knows that...and has ulterior motives. If this post is feedback on services on this forum, AGAIN, it should be posted in the REVIEWS forum... which is one of the places I think Toby should move this thread. And if he thinks he is getting ripped off by an advertiser on this forum he should notify Toby privatly. This type of feedback keeps Toby from advertising for Scum... a category our Florida friends do not fall in.

On the other hand, I could be wrong about all of this. In which case, MVH I am truely sorry.
the_lone_wolf wrote:Ian,

Mark has already posted about his problems with Best customer service regarding this order, he's also a dealer in Ibiza so has a reputation to think about, i don't think he's daft enough to risk that for the sake of one more best bash...

if he's not got any sort of sense from Best then i don't think it's wrong to post on a forum where people can get answers to their questions
True, but there is a right place for everything...and I am of the opinion that this is not it...
Rockstar wrote: My gut instinct is that you are a Best user and dont like the post because it is critical of Best !
My guess is that it would be banned on the Best Forum.

Thats what you would like to see here ! Yes ?

Anything negative about Best (usually only the truth) should be moved where no one will see it ?
Not much of a gut instinct since I have never hidden the fact that I have a full quiver of Best Nemesis kites.
Sure, call it how you see it...just because you dont go to the other forums dosent mean other people dont. I am sure that if someone was looking for info about Best's reputation or how they honor thier guarantees than the "Reviews" section would be a better place to start.

All in all, Best is not doing as bad as this forum is making them out. You can count on that!

I just think that it is time for a little housekeeping on this forum.

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:32 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Earth
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurf66 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:32 am

Kite Scarecrow wrote: My instincts tell me that MVH knows that...and has ulterior motives. If this post is feedback on services on this forum, AGAIN, it should be posted in the REVIEWS forum... which is one of the places I think Toby should move this thread. And if he thinks he is getting ripped off by an advertiser on this forum he should notify Toby privatly. This type of feedback keeps Toby from advertising for Scum... a category our Florida friends do not fall in.

On the other hand, I could be wrong about all of this. In which case, MVH I am truely sorry.
Let me get this straight. You don't know what the deal is, but your gut instinct, which I assume is 100% correct all the time, is enough to tell others what they should or should not do?
True, but there is a right place for everything...and I am of the opinion that this is not it...
True, there is the right place for everything, but it seems that all of a sudden you manage the forum and tell others, including Toby, where posts may go. Come on, man.
I just think that it is time for a little housekeeping on this forum.
And you are the one to do it or order it? If housekeeping is needed, then all the bashers and the pimps need to go, so far, my gut feeling tells me that you may be one of them, too. Sorry, and even though I may be wrong, you strike me as being arrogant with your housekeeping.

K66

User avatar
mark van haze
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:17 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Postby mark van haze » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:26 am

This is not bashing, this is simply hoping to see my money back. Scarecrow - you are wrong with your gut feeling. I am still selling Best kites but its only the stock I have left - I decided to stop dealing Best cause the HF desaster has completely ruined sales here. No matter how much I push the nemesis and yargas, people only talk about the HF. So I gave up. For whatever reason, the clients here think that what applies to the HF, applies to the other best kites too. And im sick of defending and explaining.

Still no reply from best. Theres not much else I can do than write them mails and phone them up. Any suggestions?

the_lone_wolf
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 634
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:46 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: IOW, UK
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby the_lone_wolf » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:42 am

mark van haze wrote:Still no reply from best. Theres not much else I can do than write them mails and phone them up. Any suggestions?
not sure how much water it would hold but in the UK we have a "small claims court" - simple legal proceedings, perhap the threat of legal action might get something done, don't know how it applies internationally though :?:


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 82 guests