Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

BEST does not refund your money?

Forum for kitesurfers
mark van haze
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby mark van haze » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:40 pm

yo uncle neil, read my initial post before you go ranting. I sent them 3 mails, I called them, what else do i need to do?
And now ive posted in their forum too.
Ive given up selling cause nobody wants to buy them - again, read my post before you diss me.

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitedude » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:07 pm

uncle neil,
what year was the nexus made?? how much was it hyped compared to the hf??

he came hear, as people need to here about things like this, its important for when people are trying to decide what to buy.

Why do you (you being a guy who makes money from best) always feel the need to cover up you r bad customer service but yet hype anything positive. come to think of it you hype it to the max, Extreme marketing.

uncleneil
Frequent Poster

Postby uncleneil » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:24 pm

You guys are funny!! Who ever said that anyone that sticks up for Best gets paid by Best. Who do you get paid from for dising them. Anyway I did read your post. I wonder if I can figure out whats going on myself.

I'll be back!!!!!

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Feedback backed by facts should always be allowed

Postby Phillipp » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:33 pm

Guys,

this is ridiculous. Feedback backed by facts should always have a place on this forum. It's about sharing experiences (good or bad) with the kite community.

The guy presented the facts (Best did not pay his money after multiple attempts to contact them) and is sharing them with us for two reasons:

1. Put pressure on Best to pay (his absolute right to do so)
2. Advise the kite community that the highly praised and advertised money back guarantee does not always work.

Best will learn its lesson from negative exposure on the Forum and do a better job next time.

I think its a great way to make sure that all manufacturers are on their toes and that the kiters are not willing to accept overpromisses and underdeliveries.

Cheers

P

Kite Scarecrow
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kite Scarecrow » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:36 pm

Kitedude wrote:... so he is simply letting people know of his experiences and giving people feedback
Not really, Please go back to MVH's second post...
mark van haze wrote:This is not bashing, this is simply hoping to see my money back.
It looks to me like his intention is not to help the people of the kiting community, but rather to get a refund on his credit card...
:-?

Kite Scarecrow
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kite Scarecrow » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:38 pm

72kiteboarder wrote:
I just try to hop in the way when people start riping up and down best when they have absolutly no affiliation with them. It is only fair
No affiliatiion is the only way to get an un-biased opinion. If you have the kites your a pimp, if you fly something else your a basher so which is it?
Let me qualify my statement by adding: By affiliation, I mean people that have either Flown, purchased, or even planned to purchase from a kite company.

In context, if a person had never conducted business with XYZ kite company than he has no business bitching about XYZ on the forum. :wink:

ian

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurf66 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:55 pm

Kite Scarecrow wrote:It looks to me like his intention is not to help the people of the kiting community,
Maybe, but is this wrong? Couldn't he amount to being a whistler blower? I don't see anything wrong with this. Again you or anybody can choose to ignore it or give your opinion. Last time I checked, this is a free forum, and the moderator or owner does not seem to have a problem with it.
but rather to get a refund on his credit card...
:-?
Woudn't you?

K66

frigginlostpassword
Rare Poster

Postby frigginlostpassword » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:55 pm

mark, try 'skype'.. username: bestkiteboarding_sue

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurf66 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:25 pm

frigginlostpassword wrote:mark, try 'skype'.. username: bestkiteboarding_sue
Once again, you da man!

K66

El_Gran_Extractor
Frequent Poster

Postby El_Gran_Extractor » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:15 pm

frigginlostpassword wrote:mark, try 'skype'.. username: bestkiteboarding_sue

sorry for the off topic, but sq ... when are you going to have your old name back ?

I lost my password, had it cleared out in 5 minutes, and i am sure Toby can do some speed work for you too .. so what's the deal ?

On topic again ... can it be that Best has a money problem, so no refunds are possible ? Afterall it is a big but young company. Not backed by a big firm like for example Cabrinha (which probably would have been already long out of business if it wasn't for neilpryde).

Return to “Kitesurfing”