Fast Boards...

Forum for kitesurfers
ed257
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Fast Boards...

Postby ed257 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:11 am

Some of the newer kites utilize appearant wind to work well really need fast boards to maximinize their performance.

I need a really fast board (185 lbs / 85 kg rider) mostly for chop and flat water. Any suggestions???

Please reply only if you are an advanced to expert kiter who has ridden many boards and knows what they are talking about.

Thanks,

E

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BJkitesurf » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:34 am

Ocean Rodeo Mako !

DBKITER
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Fast Boards

Postby DBKITER » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:31 am

North Jaime Pro 05' is the fastest board i have ridden so far, when it gets rough i put on the small 123cm ,( i am 140 lbs), and have excellent control in big chop, (and my back doesn't end up hurting so much also).I feel the new snowboard construction boards are faster, especially if they don't have too much rocker.

mike
Frequent Poster

Re: Fast Boards...

Postby mike » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:01 am

ed257 wrote:Some of the newer kites utilize appearant wind to work well really need fast boards to maximinize their performance.

I need a really fast board (185 lbs / 85 kg rider) mostly for chop and flat water. Any suggestions???

Please reply only if you are an advanced to expert kiter who has ridden many boards and knows what they are talking about.

Thanks,

E

underground FLX are pretty fast due to relatively flat rocker and good in chop at the same time due to its flex characteristics. its a good compromise for flat rocker but still smooth for chop.

at your weight i d recommend the 128 x 38
for flat you can even go smaller 122 x 36

i used to ride a custom wave tray 120 x 36 (im 67kg), which was really really fast and tried a few boards to find something similar. i ended up with a custom flx 116 x 36.

im into wake style riding

mike
ug cyprus

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:12 am

Hein boards. Very low drag fins, very thin edge, low rocker, unique bottom shape.

Fast!

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2315953&highlight=hein

not annonymous
Very Frequent Poster

Postby not annonymous » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:54 am

Last edited by not annonymous on Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

not annonymous
Very Frequent Poster

Postby not annonymous » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:58 am

Hey Ed257,

Fast boards are my favorite. What you need is flatter rocker line, very thin rails, low volume, and just enough flex to get things back under control when you start to push it too far.

Are you looking for lightwind, all-around or somewhere in between? What kites (sizes) are you using, do you prefer wake-style, big-air, just cruising or what?

Trent Hink

ed257 wrote:Some of the newer kites utilize appearant wind to work well really need fast boards to maximinize their performance.

Thanks,

E

card
Rare Poster

Postby card » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:21 am

Cardboards 129 fast and "controllable".

http://www.cardboarding.com

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Phillipp » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:49 am

UNDERGROUND FLX. I think they are by far the fastest going boards. I have tried quite a few, but the underground was the one the suited most my riding style. They are also great in waves and they truly eat chop. This board has allowed me to stay on a smaller kite a few times while others had to rig up another kite to stay up wind.

FYI: I'm 190 cm (6.2") and 85kg

I ride the new FLX128cm. The 132 is good too.

Note: A lot of pros ride Underground boards as well. They just ask Underground to print other graphics on them so they can ride them without getting into trouble with their sponsors.

I hope that helps

P

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:21 am

Thanks,

E
The Jaime Pro's are known to be one of the fastest around. And they get faster each year. 05 faster than 04, 06 faster again. The Jaime 05 S is probably the fastest of all. I haven't ridden the 06, but I've been told it's faster again. Jaime loves speed. The S is so fast, I know a guy your weight using it as his only board. But, the M is probably the better choice at your weight.

Return to “Kitesurfing”