klimber
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

flexifoil bullet 4.5

Postby klimber » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:58 am

hi there

i just picked up a used 4.5 bullet dirt cheap .

since i already have a bar set up for two lines i'd rather just use that one instead of buying or fashioning anything up.

it looks like it is intended to run on four lines

does anyone have any experience running it on 2 lines. is it as simple as just connecting the brake lines with the main lines ?

i can't find any info on the flexi site about this

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V5, 11/14 Enduro v2, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M, Alpha V1 8/10M, Hyperlink V1 9/12m, Chrono V3 13M UL Axis Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Re: flexifoil bullet 4.5

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:44 am

klimber wrote:hi there

i just picked up a used 4.5 bullet dirt cheap .

since i already have a bar set up for two lines i'd rather just use that one instead of buying or fashioning anything up.

it looks like it is intended to run on four lines

does anyone have any experience running it on 2 lines. is it as simple as just connecting the brake lines with the main lines ?

i can't find any info on the flexi site about this
Yeah Klimber you can just connect the brake lines with the main lines, but you will have no safety system. The kite will work ok but you will get slightlybetter turning if you can set it up with an adjustable line going to the brakes, which can then act as a safety too.
Does the 2 line bar you want to use have a hole through the middle or any sort or fairlead that you could run a safery line to the brakes from the middle of the bar?

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

klimber
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby klimber » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:03 pm

so i have it set up for four line now

does there need to be a bit a rear line tesion for the bullets to fly right?

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V5, 11/14 Enduro v2, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M, Alpha V1 8/10M, Hyperlink V1 9/12m, Chrono V3 13M UL Axis Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:23 pm

They work best with a little bit of trailing edge cupping. The 4 line foil bars from Ozone and Flexi have a pulley on the line that the brake lines connect to, this allows a little more tension on the side being turned and does give tighter turns. They also have an inbuilt safety system.
The Bullet is a more front line or 2 line kite, can be used 2 line on a simple 2 line bar but you will get better performance and turning by fine tuning the brake line tension by using a 4 line bar, especially bars like the one I mentioned, have fun!

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

SoFloErrl
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Port Fierce to Jupiter Beach and everywhere in between
Favorite Beaches: N/a
Style: Foil!
Gear: Kites n stuff

Postby SoFloErrl » Wed May 13, 2020 6:45 am

Resurrecting this ancient thread for more info on the flexifoil bullets..

So my dad bought me a 1.5 in an attempt to get into power kiting behind a buggy way back in the early 2000's and well with the internet being what it was back then and a lack of knowledge, the kite was stored in the garage to collect dust for the next 15-20 years...

Fast forward to today.. and I have recently discovered kite foiling (late to the party, no one told me) and am all in! So I've been acquiring the necessary gear and figured I'd pull the old flexifoil out to brush up on my kite skills while also having something for friends and family to learn with.

I was looking for info on proper rigging and adjustments but came up empty after a web search. Info on here was limited as well. Anyone out there know where I can find a manual on this thing?

Thanks in advance! ✌

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Postby Herman » Wed May 13, 2020 10:38 am

I use a 3.5m Bullet as my skateboard kite. Originally designed to be flown as 4 line on handles or 3 line on a bar.

Bar is: L&R mains to bar L&R bar ends; L&R brakes to 3rd line. 3rd line is your safety and reverse launch. In the original bar the 3rd line was run through a ring velcroed to the middle of the bar. Imho flies best with brakes totally slack.

( Personally I made the 3rd line into a low V so I can reach LorR brake for spin turns using 150lb dyneema fishing line! )

Turbo bars are not worth it imho!

Let me know if you need more info and I will try to find the manual to post a photo.

Regards Herman
These users thanked the author Herman for the post:
SoFloErrl (Wed May 13, 2020 10:43 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

SoFloErrl
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Port Fierce to Jupiter Beach and everywhere in between
Favorite Beaches: N/a
Style: Foil!
Gear: Kites n stuff

Postby SoFloErrl » Wed May 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Herman, thanks for all that info! It's definitely helpful.

My bullet is set up with a 4 line system and a bar with two brake lines going through the center bar as you described.. can't for the life of me figure out how the velcro system on the brake line works. Is the velcro tab on the bar supposed to hold some slacked brake line after adjustment? Seems like a rudimentary sheeting system, am I understanding this correctly?

Was also wondering about the "croc grips" found on the center trailing edge of the kite. Are these to adjust bridals or eliminate brake lines for two line flying?

Thanks again!

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Postby Herman » Wed May 13, 2020 4:20 pm

The croc clips on the trailing edge are there just for somewhere to hold the bridle pig tails if you disconnect your flying lines.

The velcro tab is just wierd. Imho it just allows you to take out brake line slack but I don't see it as usefull with respect to control or depower. I would be surprised if you get much out of it!

Imho this is basically a 2 line kite with added brakes. You can use the brake lines for control but there is no point in trying to use them for any sort of sheetable depower. The kite steers well with the bar just like a good 2 line kite and you don't need to touch the brakes until you want to do some fancy flying or backing down to land.

Regards Herman.
These users thanked the author Herman for the post:
SoFloErrl (Wed May 13, 2020 10:43 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

Return to “Kitesurfing”