petair
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Loissin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby petair » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:55 pm

Hi

Thanks for the Interest. As I am the shaper of the board, I drop a few lines.

The board has 2.7cm rocker. I will give it a new design for 2006 :-) It has medium flex and faster flex than most of the snowboard-like boards.
The price is complete, you may even choose the straps and pads.

I am very happy with this board. The windrange really is amazing and a lot of those who tried it, bought it later. It's one of the two boards I use in kiteschool (the other is the flydoor) for teaching. The lowwind of the flydoor is better, but in gusty conditions the 42 much better. Also for jumping, tricks, more wind, I'd never give away my 42 :-)
Just try, when you have the possibilities. I can also send testboards...

bye,
Peter

Klaus (c:E
Very Frequent Poster
Style: lousy
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Klaus (c:E » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:14 pm

Hai,

helpful lines, Peter.
Though i tried the 42 several times i didn´t know how much rocker the ram-air.de 42 had. I just enjoyed riding it.
One interesting thing about the 42 (Douglas Adams...) is the quite unique rocker line. Seems to work quite well.
The price is 490,-€ complete with fins pads and straps, as Peter told me on the phone.

Sea You: Klaus (c:E

P.S.: Panchito, Your board looks nice as well, only would it be a little too wide for me.

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:55 am

Petair:

Vielen Dank für die info :thumb: ( thank you for the info )

Klaus:

Well ...... I found out that 1 cm more or less makes a world of difference on board shaping.....

My 149 board is big but allows me to go up-wind together with my 17,5 kite with 7-8 knots....... but on 11-12 knots is over and I have to change boards......

2,7 rocker sounds good to me......

nice board this 42......

Mfg

Saludos

Klaus (c:E
Very Frequent Poster
Style: lousy
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Klaus (c:E » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:50 am

Hai,
panchito wrote:... I found out that 1 cm more or less makes a world of difference on board shaping.....
...My 149 board is big but allows me to go up-wind together with my 17,5 kite with 7-8 knots....... but on 11-12 knots is over and I have to change boards....
i found out the same and carefully tested different width before i bought my newest board, the f.one sk8 119 which is perfectly balanced.
With the f.one DEMON all You have to do is compare the Demon 124 and the 2 cm wider Demon 125: a different world (i like the 124 toy but not the 125 raft)!

With the 42 and it´s width of 44 cm You´ll be able to hold the edge not only in light winds but it works in strong gusty wind and for high jumps with lots of airtime, too. "Yust not too wide" so i think it´s some sort of the perfect compromise.
It needs slightly more wind than "The DOOR" but i only found out this directly changing between The DOOR and the 42 and back.

I recommend You ask Peter to send You a testboard and see for Yourself:
petair wrote:...I can also send testboards...
Sea You: Klaus (c:E

AlexSKS
Medium Poster

Postby AlexSKS » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:44 pm

OK Guy.....here some images of last week here in Italy with 10 knots.... :bye:

This was my board and my kite was a 17.8.......

Thake a look :thumb: The Windsurf with a big sale, stay every time without glide..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

garrett
Medium Poster

Postby garrett » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:50 am

I am riding a Best float 135 x 44. I am large 95 kgs. It gets me going in very little wind and has great performance. For you at only 65 kgs, it would be unreal for lightwind and new school, since it is short and wide with an amazing rocker. Shannon really seems to have boards figured out. I don't know how anyone rides a flydoor? Those suckers are massive, big boats. Why not just get a big rubber dingy to ride in?

troy
Medium Poster

Postby troy » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:58 pm

I ride the litewave 179, but its ALOT of board. I like it because im built like an NFL lineman. That said I can kite in the lowest of low wind and hold an edge up to around 20 kts.

I have been researching getting a great board for the surf and lightwind days I what i have found is that WIDTH plays a bigger role in the lightwind performance of a board rather than length. So...a 44 or even 50 will give you AWESOME lightwind performance and you will still be able to turn if you get it shorter. Be carefull not to go too wide because it makes it hard to ride toeside.

Check out these boards....http://www.stretchboards.com/
This guy was shaper of the year last year I think...

Return to “Kitesurfing”