florida kiters, tell me where to go.

Forum for kitesurfers
Dan Glyaire
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

florida kiters, tell me where to go.

Postby Dan Glyaire » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:51 pm

ok , its just tooo cold. pumping up in -25c windchill. meh. soo thinking of escaping to florida for a couple of weeks, last week of dec.- 1st week jan. good time for wind? anyplace better than another? east coast? west coast? any info would be appreciated.
cheers.

nickr1977
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby nickr1977 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:11 pm

SOUTHEAST FLORIDA!!!

The REAL Crew is heading down there the exact same time. Our home base will be in Delray and we will go from there depending on where it is windy.

If you want to ride with us, shoot an email to roadtrip@realkiteboarding.com with your contact info if you are going.

Thanks,

Nick
REAL Kiteboarding

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby noel » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:05 pm

Delray Beach, St. Augustine, Jupiter, Ft. Pierce Inlet, and the Keys. The keys for flat water. East coast is the best over all but if a front comes in then the west coast is good for a day or 2. Then try Marco Island (Tigertail Park) or Honeymoon Island in Dunedid.

Gebi
Medium Poster

Ft. Pierce Inlet for kitesurfing

Postby Gebi » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:08 pm

Ft. Pierce Inlet is kite- able with usually no current and little chop on downwind side of inlet as jetty sticks out 100 meters to block chop. Good waves when the swell is kicking.. good sized beach. South wind goes off as the north-sides waves break on the outside, middle and inside reef. and when the swell and tide are right the wave at the inlet mouth goes off!
In 30 knots it looks like an oil slick on the leeward side of the jetty with waves clean as well.

kiteboard9097
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jupiter, FL
Gear: CABRINHA

Postby kiteboard9097 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:55 am

DEFINETLY go to Jupiter or the keys(keys is probably the best flat water) :thumb:

fskite
Medium Poster

Postby fskite » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:39 am

Anyone have a forecast for 1st week in Jan yet? - I will be on marco island and I need to know wether to take my kite or not - please help if you have any info regardless of how sketchy.

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:46 am

fskite wrote:Anyone have a forecast for 1st week in Jan yet? - I will be on marco island and I need to know wether to take my kite or not - please help if you have any info regardless of how sketchy.
Always, always take your kite!! Here is a real sketchy report. Southwest winds at a constant 18mph for the entire week.

ryansurf1
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ryansurf1 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:40 pm

bring your kite(s)....Jan. is a great month for us....cold fronts march thru periodicaly.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Re: florida kiters, tell me where to go.

Postby RickI » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:05 pm

Dan Glyaire wrote:ok , its just tooo cold. pumping up in -25c windchill. meh. soo thinking of escaping to florida for a couple of weeks, last week of dec.- 1st week jan. good time for wind? anyplace better than another? east coast? west coast? any info would be appreciated.
cheers.
Quite a bit of info on winds, patterns, etc. throughout Florida, HAS JUST BEEN PUT UP HERE

Return to “Kitesurfing”