Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Can't best girls kite?

forum for kitesurfers
sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: 10 Nemi HP, 15m Flysurfer..
Brand Affiliation: none, formally BEST Marketing Director.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby sq225917 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:47 pm

damn we've been sussed time to roll out the tight cornering videos. :wink:

JS
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby JS » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:10 am

Some advertising is informative, but a ton of it is mainly for entertainment. Could you imagine what Vogue magazine would look like without ads? The table of contents in many fashion mags only appears after at least a hundred pages (literally) of ads.

I have no problem with ads-for-entertainment, nor political incorrectness. Some beer companies have a wicked ad campaign that says absolutely nothing about the beer, but I'll support them nonetheless (all other things being equal) because I like the entertainment they bring me. On the flip side, some companies actually lose my business due to a really stupid or annoying ad campaign, because my life is too short to support the garbage their ad people are creating. (eg Vancity Savings Credit Union - "MEN BUILDING AN EMPIRE" - absolutely nauseating)

Regarding the Waroo ad, when Best decided to use a woman's ass for advertising, they certainly chose well.

Escalate
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Escalate » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:15 pm

JS wrote:Some advertising is informative, but a ton of it is mainly for entertainment. Could you imagine what Vogue magazine would look like without ads? The table of contents in many fashion mags only appears after at least a hundred pages (literally) of ads.

I have no problem with ads-for-entertainment, nor political incorrectness. Some beer companies have a wicked ad campaign that says absolutely nothing about the beer, but I'll support them nonetheless (all other things being equal) because I like the entertainment they bring me. On the flip side, some companies actually lose my business due to a really stupid or annoying ad campaign, because my life is too short to support the garbage their ad people are creating. (eg Vancity Savings Credit Union - "MEN BUILDING AN EMPIRE" - absolutely nauseating)

Regarding the Waroo ad, when Best decided to use a woman's ass for advertising, they certainly chose well.
I agree with what js is saying here...

MORE BABES PLEASE :thumb:

(maybe you can focus on another part of the girl next time... and i don't mean her feet...)

dooooood
Medium Poster

Postby dooooood » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:52 pm

jakobjth wrote:
EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY wrote: Well its already been said a million times but I'll try and say it slightly differently. Its not a case of sex selling but rather a case of image. this is my opinion....forget kites now - were talking image and fashion...Best seems to use girls on their promo to help create an image to their customer base, that image , wrt. the girls is fun . and for me its the image that sells, whether its a ferarri or an apple company, it must have the appropriate image in order gather some attention for their campaign...
yes you can do that, but what you're doing is just cheap. I was not annoyed seeing a butt in your trailer, nearly all the other companies does this... but they show one clip of 1-3seconds and you have half of your trailer filled with it, at the end it's boring.

Another thing that of course you don't manage to think of is that bow kites "can" be the key entry for more woman in the sport as these kites are safer so that was my point for showing your girls surfing "with" the kite.
wow, you realy are gay aren't you,

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: 10 Nemi HP, 15m Flysurfer..
Brand Affiliation: none, formally BEST Marketing Director.

Postby sq225917 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:56 pm

eddy doesn't work for Best...

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:58 pm

and much to your dissappointment Dooood- Neither am I gay.

My wife and I are proud to announce the birth of our son .... Ilan.

Happy midwinter pagan festival to all. and may the Butt be with you.... :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”