Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

MOST SEXY KITE PICTURE

Forum for kitesurfers
grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: MOST SEXY KITE PICTURE

Postby grigorib » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:59 pm

The harm is subduing to vocal minority and establishing rule of the weak.
You’re just oppressing women by objectifying their body and telling what could be done with it and what can’t.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:17 pm

If you are worried raise your daughters so that they don’t POSE for pictures then. As for pictures where you are unsure if the person in the picture knows. I can agree that is impolite at least.

Anyway. Not sure when this became a thread for discussions. Downunder might want us to close it down soon if we discuss any further. He is quite strict on these kind of things :lol:

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:30 pm

Not the first time women haters complain about the topic. Toby just removes all the comments and we keep going. Let’s keep going.

Good news. Meta is considering allowing nipples on FB/Instagram! Let the prude become the past.

Blackened
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
23/24 Orbits

Postby Blackened » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:50 am

What is the difference between posting them here and sharing it on IG and FB? As long as no one is being manipulated or coerced in any way, who cares? (although, a girl on the previous page looks a bit young and probably not appropriate..)

If you don't like it, do what I do: avoid this thread and don't follow them on social media? Since I'm not interested in seeing pictures of a swimsuit halfway up Hannah's ass on some boat, Rita's tit sweat after a workout, or Liam without a shirt, I unfollowed them.

KiteChic'97
Rare Poster
Gear: Armada Twin Tip
Has thanked: 0

Postby KiteChic'97 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:59 pm

grigorib wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:59 pm
The harm is subduing to vocal minority and establishing rule of the weak.
You’re just oppressing women by objectifying their body and telling what could be done with it and what can’t.
I would never tell a woman what she should or shouldn't do with her body. As I said in my original post, if these women want to post these pictures, then of course that is their right and I have no problem with them making that choice.

My point is that, in the kiting community overall, women end up being overly sexualised, and this thread is just one very good, very explicit example of that. I was looking for opinions on a new wave kite on here, but amongst reviews of kites, boards etc. there's also this thread which I keep coming across. Of course I can just pretend it doesn't exist, but I already know it's here.

I never demanded for the thread to be shut down. All I did was express my dismay that it exists and is so popular, which as a member of this community- even as a so called "minority" member- I think I'm entitled to. All I'm doing is pointing out that a thread like this is perpetuating a lot of sexist stereotypes and promoting a real boys' locker room culture. If that's your cup of tea I can't force you to change your mind, but I do hope you'll stop for just a minute and think about it from a different perspective.

Of course all of the pro kiters use their sex appeal for marketing purposes. However there is a real and extreme difference between the men and women and the extent to which they are sexualized. Both Liam Whaley and Hannah Whiteley are very sexy in a bathing suit, and both are extremely good kiters- Hannah is better than 99% of the people on here I'd reckon- but the difference is that Liam is still primarily focused on for his athletic prowess, not his abs or butt.

Just because women post these pictures of themselves, or have these pictures posted of them, doesn't mean they're always happy about it- it's often the only way they can get any money or media attention (see below)

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ing-tennis

KiteChic'97
Rare Poster

Postby KiteChic'97 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:15 pm

hookedcook wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:41 am
KiteChic'97 wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:22 pm
I've been kiting for several years, and am now an instructor in SA, and honestly, even though I love this sport, I sometimes hate the kiting culture. Seriously guys, this thread has been going since 2006?? How do you think it makes women in this sport feel to be reduced to pictures of their asses? I understand that some of these are professional promotional pics, and I don't fault the women for posting them, because it's often the only way to make money for them as kiters. But really, I would suggest people rethink how they view women in this sport, and probably more generally in life as well. People and athletes first, not sex objects.
It is what it is. Guys have been staring at girls asses and tits since the beginning of time. Nothing is ever going to change that. The fact that girls are in a water sport wearing bikinis is a bonus. You can't reinvent the wheel or a guys brain, even if its simple minded, :lol:

lol
Women are not any more adverse to flirting or attractive people than men, I promise you. But, I can guarantee you that if the sport was more respectful and welcoming to women in general, there would be wayy more female kiters. And they would be perfectly happy flirting with guy kiters- but there's a reason women aren't comfortable in this sport, and it's largely due to the culture. I know this as an instructor speaking to my female students and friends. If you want more women on the water, make it a place they actually want to be.

KiteChic'97
Rare Poster

Postby KiteChic'97 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:19 pm

consumer wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:19 am
KiteChic'97 wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:22 pm
I've been kiting for several years, and am now an instructor in SA, and honestly, even though I love this sport, I sometimes hate the kiting culture. Seriously guys, this thread has been going since 2006?? How do you think it makes women in this sport feel to be reduced to pictures of their asses? I understand that some of these are professional promotional pics, and I don't fault the women for posting them, because it's often the only way to make money for them as kiters. But really, I would suggest people rethink how they view women in this sport, and probably more generally in life as well. People and athletes first, not sex objects.

This is not the proper venue nor audience to push morality and impress social values.

However !
Have you seen social media or heard of OF? The objectification of women has never been this bad in history.

I actually think this is pretty tame and respectful to women in comparison .
Of course I'm aware of those platforms, and there are plenty of problems with them. But I'm not on those platforms, I'm on this platform because I am part of the kiting community, and as a kiter on a kiting forum I think it is actually the right venue. I'm in this sport as well, I use this forum as well for conversations about kitesurfing... This thread is arguably not about kitesurfing at all, so I think it would be more fair to question whether this is the correct venue for this thread.
These users thanked the author KiteChic'97 for the post:
consumer (Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:43 am)
Rating: 3.03%

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grigorib » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:57 pm

KiteChic'97 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:59 pm

Of course all of the pro kiters use their sex appeal for marketing purposes. However there is a real and extreme difference between the men and women and the extent to which they are sexualized. Both Liam Whaley and Hannah Whiteley are very sexy in a bathing suit, and both are extremely good kiters- Hannah is better than 99% of the people on here I'd reckon- but the difference is that Liam is still primarily focused on for his athletic prowess, not his abs or butt.
I had to look since you mentioned Liam. He’s not sexualized for his butt because he doesn’t have one. Of course his legs connect to his back and he has the body part but it’s not a butt butt which girls bite their lips over.

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,

Postby Saltyman » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:30 pm

As been mentioned before if you don't like a post don't look at it simple. It's been shaken and rattled before.
As for women kiting.
Women in kiting has grown massively since 20yrs ago and yes there was a women's world champion back then. But unlike the new generation they didn't wear G-string bikinis as do most of the female surfers now.
I've seen bikini tops and bottoms ripped off in the surf. And the women were cool most of the dudes threw them there bikinis once found.
I think in kiting a lot more people nowadays wont take it up because they know that they are going to take a hit. Be it broken ribs or ankle etc. Thats what puts a lot of people off. And you can go to any beach and take a photo of girl duck diving in a G-string and this wouldn't be classed as surfing?
I think that a lot more women will take up winging as easier to learn and yes they will be showing off their bodies. And I have never in 25yrs of kiting and instructing seen a guy subjecting a woman to sexualisation in kiting.
I've heard a lot of women watching doing just that though. And it's usually is he single etc. Maybe in your area wearing a G-string is uncommon but in most kite spots as well as surfing its now the new normal.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:44 pm

Please, I see women riding wings with shorts...then a camera comes and they take it off to ride in small bikini string only.

That's how the world is, let us be men, and women be women. These pictures are not taken secretly, they are posted by themselves.

And, if you want to complain, contact Instagram, they show waaaaaaaaayyyyyy more sexual content than this small forum.

Now, back to pictures, discussion not wanted in this topic.
These users thanked the author Toby for the post (total 7):
Pera (Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:22 pm) • POACHER (Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:16 pm) • Robstar (Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:39 am) • Leon van Bergen (Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:22 pm) • justbob (Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:18 pm) • airsail (Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:58 pm) • Havre (Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:31 pm)
Rating: 21.21%

Return to “Kitesurfing”