Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flexifoil Fusion or North Vegas - 2006

Forum for kitesurfers
Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V5, 11/14 Enduro v2, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M, Alpha V1 8/10M, Hyperlink V1 9/12m, Chrono V3 13M UL Axis Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:38 am

fokiten wrote:Well,

Just to make it clear to you troll-power:

Observe,,,
It is well clear to me and the rest of the sane people who read the forum, what the problem is, it is a pity Toby cannot see you are destroying thread after thread with you ill informed, mostly off topic, or simply idiotic, vitriolic opinions and kooky theories.

Dwight wrote
Leading edge construction is better on V6 in my opinion. Flexi is using construction that exploded on older North kites.
Pretty straight forward,,,expressed his opinion, and said I reccognize that construction....period.
First reply in the thread, very straight forward attempt to slag a competitors kite, by admitting that North fucked up on the 04/05 rhinos, good stuff! If you call that an opinion fine, just remember all opinion are like arseholes, everyone has one. Lets stick to the fact here, keep it real or piss off.

luke rebbeck wrote:
If you look very closely at the Flexifoil leading edge seams, you will spot the differences in constructions to the older North leading edge seams.

You will notice the different stitching (triple zigzag rather than single zigzag) and also the significant internal reinforcements. In developing these seams we built, strength tested and destruction tested many leading edge tubes with different seams and reinforcements, until we could create a tube with the correct stiffness and strength properties.

Aside from the lab testing, we also use some of our riders extensively in testing. If you have seen any of Aarons training sessions in South Africa, you will see him crash the kites hard in 35kts wind, over and over, day after day. Aaron cannot afford to have his kites break easily, and neither can we.

At Flexifoil we have our own repairs department, so get to see virtually every Flexifoil kite that is broken so we can assess and strengthen areas of potential weakness. We constantly strive to make our kites stonger and more durable year on year.

I'm glad that you like the way our kites fly, when you next see a Fusion at the beach have a close look at the kite and I'm sure you will see the differences.

Take it easy

Luke
Flexi R&D
Foolkitten's kitty shit
There you go, it >IS< the same construction as viewed from the outside,,,

the only difference being triple zig,,,inleu of single zag..

NO DIFFERENCE IN CONSTRUCTION VISIBLE TO THE NAKED EYE.

just some extra thread...

Got it?

can you see that now?

the main difference was not visible to Dwight.

He's innocent...

YET you go off... troll-blow spits the dummy:
So its Ok for Saint Dwight to just go off half cocked and slag a competing brand on the first reply to this thread. Edosan, the originator of the thread asked "I have seen (Over the net) both kites and they pretty look the same, any of you have try both?"

I own Fusions, I have owned exploding Rhinos, you have not, so piss off back to the letter tray. The only thing you are innocent of is having any intelligence.

Your replies in this thread are a real record of what you really are, they are a typical and predictable response, recorded now on the net forever. Or until the lights go out, and in your case the light went out a long time ago, get off the puter and go play with some of the free shit you have scammed.

I hope we get some opinions on both kites, since the Vegas 06 are getting out to REAL users now. The guy who used our 12M demo yesterday (after I had ridden the kite and fixed the bar) is wrapped, he commented that he felt it had approx 70% more depower than his Vegas 05, and will be buying a Vegas 06, he is just a guy off the street. Winds were in the 17/18 to 25 knots range while he was out, he weighed approx 80kg rode a 130ish board.
People were also out riding 12M Fusions.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

wombat
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flexi vs North

Postby wombat » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:39 am

I have flown the 9 and 12 Flexifoil Fusion in a wide range of conditions and I am very happy. I have never felt more confident on the end of a kite to try new things. I am now trying to throw powered KGB's and overpowered downloop s-bends when I would have never considered either with the kites I have ridden previously.

I have tried the Vegas Proto and found it very quick through the turns with progressive feedback from the bar. I did manage to go downwind in the underpowered conditions but from the times I was powered I could feel the potential of this beast! Really looking forward to flying the production kite today or tomorrow!

I had a seam blowout on my Rhino 04 12m just before a comp heat so I know the pain and also know the fault. I do think the majority of the problem was in the single step zig zag and the lack of internal reinforcement. But what do I know. Well I do know how hard I pump my Fusions and I know how hard I have crashed them and how many times I have put the leading edge under serious load and so far no failures!

I think North have fallen short on the bar this year. I got off north bars when one threatened to tear my pinkie finger off after a sloppy handle pass. Never again! I like the flexi bar because there is nothing hard, sharp or heavy to smash my fingers on when i get a good yank and I only have one hand on the bar. It also sucks that the cleat slips on the north bar and they are still supplying the bar with the stupid ring adjust thing!

Big up to North for the Kite but the bar blows goats.

Flexifoil rocks IMO. Just wish they would improve their marketing strategy and get some good exposure from Aaron who has only bee in one DVD I have seen!

Bat

Blowing in the Wind
Frequent Poster

Postby Blowing in the Wind » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:03 am

All 06 bars being deliver in the US do not have the front line adjuster on them now. At least we have not had any with it come in for a while.

Hunter Brown
http://www.gokitesurf.com

Escalate
Medium Poster

Postby Escalate » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:40 pm

i can say for a fact that on my home spot 70% of all kites are flexi and i've never seen 1 kite blow up in the 2 years i've been kiteboarding.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V5, 11/14 Enduro v2, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M, Alpha V1 8/10M, Hyperlink V1 9/12m, Chrono V3 13M UL Axis Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 am

See if you can spot the differences?

Rhino04, in shop now for replacement, unhappy customer, but still happy to look at another North kite because we (Kitepower) are going to look after him.

My own Fusion 12M that has been hammered by the staff, flown and crashed heaps in strong winds at least 20 times now, this is the centre seam, no sign of damage eh?

So who is bullshitting and slagging here?
Have I got a right in a users forum to ask that this sort of shit, and the lunatic off topic personal slags from fokitten and his numerous aliases, stop?
Remember it was first reply to a thread enquiring about the performance of the Vegas 06 and Fusion 06.

Keep it real or go do something stupid somewhere else.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack
Last edited by Ozone Kites AUS on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:54 am

I still don't get this pictures thing what have I done wrong this time?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

steve

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:12 am

Have you tried threatening the server?

That's your usual next play.

I went to your gallery and looked...

I'm fairly certain that's not the seam anyone is talking about anyway.

(just a single zig zag on the flexi should have been your clue)

But whatever,,,congrats on the sale...

you could bla, bla, bla, f-en, bla, the server,, that'd teach it to f*** with you...

Use your Krappower on that fickle bitch

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Phillipp » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:34 am

fokiten wrote:Have you tried threatening the server?

That's your usual next play.

I went to your gallery and looked...

I'm pretty sure that's not the seam anyone is talking about anyway

(just a single zig zag on the flexi should have been your clue)

But whatever,,,congrats on the sale...

you could bla, bla, bla, f-en, bla, the server,, that'd teach it to f*** with you...

Use your Krappower on that fickle bitch
Is there any good reason for you to be posting on a topic where as usual you have absolutely nothing to add.

I'm sure you have neither flown a Fusion nor a Vegas. Are you going to deny that Mr. OFF TOPIC - Mr. OT

P

jjm
Medium Poster

Postby jjm » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:46 am

kitepower wrote:I still don't get this pictures thing what have I done wrong this time?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

steve
The forums seem to be picky when using the "img" tag. It is looking for an extension of .jpg or .gif. Other problem is you're linking to a web page and not an image.

If you're using IE, right click on the image, and select properties. You want the URL of the image, which is labeled as "Address (URL)". You should be able to copy & paste this.

If the image does not end in .jpg, or .gif, it will probably not work. Off of Gallery, it should be fine, but off of flickr.com, you need to tweak the URL.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:07 am

jjm wrote:
kitepower wrote:I still don't get this pictures thing what have I done wrong this time?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

steve
The forums seem to be picky when using the "img" tag. It is looking for an extension of .jpg or .gif. Other problem is you're linking to a web page and not an image.

If you're using IE, right click on the image, and select properties. You want the URL of the image, which is labeled as "Address (URL)". You should be able to copy & paste this.

If the image does not end in .jpg, or .gif, it will probably not work. Off of Gallery, it should be fine, but off of flickr.com, you need to tweak the URL.
Thanks JJM, got it now, I knew it was something simple, and obvious, but too busy at work to look closely for the error.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

Return to “Kitesurfing”