Starkites S-Bow review

Forum for kitesurfers
mark van haze
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby mark van haze » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:21 am

Review update:
Ive been out on the 8m S-Bow with a sonic bar (no pulleys) and can confirm that the kite steers just as light as the sonic 11m. Very little bar pressure but responsiveness seems to suffer a bit. The kite overall is not the fastest turner anyway, it feels like the 11m sonic although its a 8m. However, it does have approximately the same low end range as the 11m sonic.
Kiteloops work just fine but when pulled very tight, they generate hardly any horizontal pull, so definately pussyloop freindly.
Not much else to say except that I think the 5m s-bow on the sonic bar is the sweetest and most stable bow kite around for now. The 8m on the other hand is a bit slow for my liking.
Will be testing the new gaastra SLEs next.

Hi-Life
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Hi-Life » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:13 pm

I have found that using the S-Bow 8m on a bar without pulleys (you can convert the s-bow bar without removing the pulleys) and on 20m lines is the sweetest set up for wave riding. The bar presure is very light, and the depower is 95%.

Return to “Kitesurfing”