Forum for kitesurfers
jbaflyer
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North Rhino 16m vs. Naish Raven 16m

Postby jbaflyer » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:26 am

Which kite is a better choice to go with for low wind and why? I don't want a bow kite.

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BJkitesurf » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:06 am

both are good , but Contra bow 14 is better... thats too bad that you dont want bow period!

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:25 am

Both The Raven 16 and Rhino 16 are excellent kites. I fly Ravens but my buddies are on Rhinos. I think the Raven may have a very slight low wind advantage but I am not sure. Both are big jumping kites with a lot of float (hangtime).

I think the Naish bar is surperior and the Naish has some nice features like one pump and a much smaller packing size (in the bag). You cannot go wrong with either.
:wink:
Chris Glazier

Trant
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Trant » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:26 am

IMHO

Raven is slightly gruntier
Rhino turns slightly faster

I agree with Chris, both kites are awesome and you won't go wrong with either.

:thumb:

Rolavi2
Medium Poster

Postby Rolavi2 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:36 am

These kites are sooo sweet...it is a shame so many will be distracted and miss out on such refinement in design. I should probably buy a few more 06 ravens on clearance as this bow/hybrid stuff will probably cause naish to disrupt that refinement in 07. Though a few guys riding 06 vegas' at my spot look pretty jazzed..

captain carl
Rare Poster

Postby captain carl » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:11 pm

BJkitesurf wrote:both are good , but Contra bow 14 is better... thats too bad that you dont want bow period!
lol...contra bow 14...please everyone knows bows suck in light winds...the 5th line is way more reliable for relauching when the wind drops.....bows are a good high wind and wave option. A rhino 6 16m will smash ur 14 contra in winds 9-14knots... I have tried the waroo 20m and found it generates simliar power but with alot more work on the arms to a rhino 16m and slower turning

Return to “Kitesurfing”