Ooooooh yeahhhhh

FLOP!

uncleneil
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby uncleneil » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:27 pm

I still love my C- kites and I love my bows. It would be great to have a kite that did both. This may be the new future in kites.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:55 am

depends what you mean by convertable.

a bow kite with extra zip in tips, that make it a c-shape, or a bow kite that you can put a 5th line on?

you can put a 5th line on any bow kite, hell some manufacturers even put a little pigtail right in the middle of the LE just in case you want to try it yourself. :wink:

GraemeF
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hythe Kent.
Dymchurch Kent
Greatstone Kent
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne Mauritius
Nyali Kenya
Style: Freeriding Ariel Lawnmower
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Core Distributor

Postby GraemeF » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here we go.

I'd love to see you put a fifth line on a Wahoo, I even bet that massive budget R&D think tank is working on it right now, I can hear it

Gumball: Damn slingshot have screwed us again, I pay you millions to design stuff and all you come out with is warmed over Bic stuff. Get a fifth line on it.

R&D: we cant, you told us to save cash, cut out the middle two struts.

GB: Do it and do it now, the Waroo Pro is the flagship, we need to double the pricing how we gonna do that if it aint as good as Slingshot?

R&D: But you made us use all that Cuben Fibre crap you bought, it wont take it, remember Hellfish.

GB: You designed Hellfish morons, get me out of this I've told the investors we've already designed the "Its the best selling pro bow kite ad and its at the printers"

R&D: But but you promised not to make ridiculous claims we cant achieve.

GB: I changed my mind, work late, ask the fucking Brits what to do, get that idiot Simple Simon on it he helped us out of a jam last time and get all the forum morons clued in, do something.. Post a spoil about Convertibles whatever til we understand whats going on..

R&D If you put a fifth line on the Waroo structure it will fold in half, its that simple. We're not listening to any more of your bullshit you're a stupid rude man - we quit.

GB: :cry:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:08 pm

nah,more like this.

slingy r&D: shit guys this fucking thing looks just like a waroo, what can we do to hide the fact.

slingy top brass: shit, it does, when i said i wanted a kite that flys and sells like the waroo i didnt think you guys were going to clone it..

slingy R&D: did you think we were going to magic it out of our ass? you know our bow kite design skills are none existent, look at the turbo diesel that was such a piece of shit, we've even changed the name of this years kite.

Slingy top brass: well you've gottta do something to throw people off the scent, we can't have people know we are just selling an 06 waroo with soft struts.

sling r&d: i've an idea lets see if we can disguise it by adding 4 extra struts.

slingy top brass: don't be a dumb ass it won't fly in light wind with all those useless struts.

sling r&d: thats ok we'll call it a high wind kite only, we can still sell them that old north rhino 02 thing we do with the battens.

slingy top brass: but it still looks just like a waroo, everyone will know we disected one of their kites as the basis for our development.

slingy r&d: SO LETS RELEASE IMAGES OF THAT F-ED UP BATWING THING WE MADE AS A PISS TAKE, that will throw everyone off the scent.

slingy top brass: hey you know that might just work, we might get away with this, hey by the way how much is it going to cost.

slingy r&D: $!!!!!!!!.

slingy top brass:oh shit we're fucked, again...........

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:12 pm

Or the moral of the story:

"if you can't beat them join them"!
or
"if you can't beat them copy them"!

peep
Medium Poster

Postby peep » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:43 pm

holy shit you 2 go at each other! pretty funny.
end of the day, SS will always produce far better quality kites than Best.
Best is there to give kites on a budget a easy option. as long as they fly and we are all having fun.
all i know is that if i was to spend my hard earned cash on either of the kites it would always be the SS.
but good luck to you both keep the forum alive!! you funny fuckers

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:39 pm

The saying "more money than sense"! springs to mind.
The build quality on a best kite easily equals that of any of the opposition! You've probably not even seen one compared to other kites, it shocked me how good best quality is.
At the end of the day I have the best performing kite in its class of the year FACT and I also have more money in my product.

Only thing is those damn guys at Best are bringing out an even better version :o so I'll probably have to get one of those. :thumb:

Good job the resale on waroo's is probably the best of any S/H kite. That is definitely the case in the UK. 8)

uncleneil
Frequent Poster

Postby uncleneil » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:45 pm

peep wrote:holy shit you 2 go at each other! pretty funny.
end of the day, SS will always produce far better quality kites than Best.
Best is there to give kites on a budget a easy option. as long as they fly and we are all having fun.
all i know is that if i was to spend my hard earned cash on either of the kites it would always be the SS.
but good luck to you both keep the forum alive!! you funny fuckers
Peep,

I think you got it alittle backwards. If Best can sell such a great product for such a good price then I guess SS is ripping you off by chargeing twice the price. SS will be out of buissness within 2 years. WATCH!!!!! you'll see.

SS was one of my favorites until last year where they fu$%cked them selves with shit products. You keep putting your paycheck up for SS and i'll ride the BEST!!

kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterfighter » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:05 pm

Best is average build quality. Good not great. Everyone with exp. knows it. For great quality try: (and you pay more), SS, Cab
Flexifoil. In no particular order. Best is last, but above Monkey kites.

Anyone who says diferent IS an idiot or works for Best. Same difference! :D

Hey Forum Moderator please try and let people say what they want without changing words. Otherwise this forum has sunk to a NEW low. How much more worthless can it get?
Last edited by kiterfighter on Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”