Forum for kitesurfers
uncleneil
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby uncleneil » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:24 pm

panchito wrote:
uncleneil wrote:I still love my C- kites and I love my bows. It would be great to have a kite that did both. This may be the new future in kites.
You should try the Instinct !!!

Saludos
Tried the Instict about 2 weeks ago and thought it was pretty good overall except for the 5th. WHY!!! Pain in the ass.

ZenWind
Frequent Poster

Postby ZenWind » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:58 pm

The Ranger Wrote:
Hmm... Why put a 5th line on a bow kite?? I have a Flexifoil Ion, and I see no reason to have five lines on it. I don't get it.
I personally hate 5th lines, and think they belong in the history book. I would much rather have a SLE with small bridles and four lines than deal with the stupid 5th line crap. 5th line is yesterday's technology. I think the manufacturers keep visiting the 5th line for safety purposes, as a good 4-line SLE works better with less drag, and you don't run the risk of slicing your kite up Benihana style should it roll in the surf.

Mlkman
Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Instincts
Nobile kites
Nobile board
Surftech boards and SUP:s
Brand Affiliation: Ozone Importer
Nobile Importer
Surftech Importer

Postby Mlkman » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:36 pm

I think there will be more fifth lines in the future.
Less drag where it counts, no need for bridle or steal rings to pivot the kite properly, no risc for tangle induced spins, possibility for additional systems connected etc.. But it will be used as an intergrated part of trim, not only for safety. Ozone was first on Instinct, North are doing it on Rebel, who will be next?

dutchkiter
Rare Poster

Postby dutchkiter » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:52 pm

Probably F-ONe, their kites (impact, tribal ) are already going to bowshape and both have already 5t lines.

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lesbian horse » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:59 am

5th line c kite is the only way, for advanced riders. That or 4 line and suicide, but thats dangerous.

GraemeF
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hythe Kent.
Dymchurch Kent
Greatstone Kent
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne Mauritius
Nyali Kenya
Style: Freeriding Ariel Lawnmower
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Core Distributor

Postby GraemeF » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:41 pm

GraemeF wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here we go.

I'd love to see you put a fifth line on a Wahoo, I even bet that massive budget R&D think tank is working on it right now, I can hear it

Gumball: Damn slingshot have screwed us again, I pay you millions to design stuff and all you come out with is warmed over Bic stuff. Get a fifth line on it.

R&D: we cant, you told us to save cash, cut out the middle two struts.

GB: Do it and do it now, the Waroo Pro is the flagship, we need to double the pricing how we gonna do that if it aint as good as Slingshot?

R&D: But you made us use all that Cuben Fibre crap you bought, it wont take it, remember Hellfish.

GB: You designed Hellfish morons, get me out of this I've told the investors we've already designed the "Its the best selling pro bow kite ad and its at the printers"

R&D: But but you promised not to make ridiculous claims we cant achieve.

GB: I changed my mind, work late, ask the fucking Brits what to do, get that idiot Simple Simon on it he helped us out of a jam last time and get all the forum morons clued in, do something.. Post a spoil about Convertibles whatever til we understand whats going on..

R&D If you put a fifth line on the Waroo structure it will fold in half, its that simple. We're not listening to any more of your bullshit you're a stupid rude man - we quit.

GB: :cry:
Gumball: (To R&D) Morons! Quick some french dude just put a spanline on that fucking Waroo junkpile you designed for me. Get Simple Si on it see if we can salvage the situation. I've already got the marketing department up and running with
BEST introduces 6 lines all other kites are Obsolete

Now fucking make it work.

Oh by the way, has anyone seen my lawyer?

They're trying to extradite me again.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:06 pm

well there's no accounting for the taste of the french, is there, i mean they let you import takoon....

Lolo
Frequent Poster

Postby Lolo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:11 pm

Hahahah, this Best show is what I need to make me smiling today.
Please go ahead, we can make a good comedy up.
:lol:

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:44 pm

sq225917 wrote:well there's no accounting for the taste of the french, is there, i mean they let you import takoon....
Nothing to do with 'taste' really... it is like importing surplus french wine... UK or the french sewer...

HelldogBE
Very Frequent Poster

Postby HelldogBE » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:21 pm

kiterfighter wrote:Best is average build quality. Good not great. Everyone with exp. knows it. For great quality try: (and you pay more), SS, Cab
Flexifoil. In no particular order. Best is last, but above Monkey kites.

Anyone who says diferent IS an idiot or works for Best. Same difference! :D

Hey Forum Moderator please try and let people say what they want without changing words. Otherwise this forum has sunk to a NEW low. How much more worthless can it get?
I'm not gonne claim to have superb build quality or other great goodies (onepump, good bag, stickers!!! :O, etc) with my Best Waroos.

But the kite itself was better than all the bow kites that were before it (only negative stuff that u can call on the waroo kite itself is probably the flappering canopy). And at nearly half the price there's no way not to go for one... (unless u get a good deal, or are sponsored, or u work so much in daily life that u are behind the computer more and post here rather than being at the water and kiting. but are determined that u have a better kite, but less of a rider...)

On the water, wether u ride bow or c-kites, waroo or crossbow, best or north, amateur or pro we all have a great time.
(unless offcourse its offshore and only bowkites are enjoyable, /evilgrin)

Return to “Kitesurfing”