Been thanked: 0

Boxer sle 12m

Postby cisco86 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:16 pm

Has anyone play on it ??? :D

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:14 am

hey, I have the 9, ans although I have not tried the 12 I have seen it in use. It looks good in the air, looks like it is fast turning. If it is anything like the 9 then I would not hesistate...super stable adjustable and overall a very good performer. It'll take whatever you an throw at it :-)

I'll post a review shortly.

The only thing that bothers me is that it doesn't come with it's own wind machine...but I am guessing that is too much to ask.

a.

woodfu
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby woodfu » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:06 pm

I've been learning on a 12m for the last month and a bit and its accelerated my learning rate substantally over the 12m 2003 CO2 i had previously. Loving it, though i don't have a lot to compare it to.

To me its extreamly easy to fly and control, very stable, fast and fast turning and has a very large usable range. I had it out in gusty 25knot winds yesterday and was perfectly happy.

Couple of things i don't like: The location of the leash attachment. The leash is way to short and doesn't run through the bar like a fifth line leash.

The octopus system doesn't let the struts pump up nearly as hard as most other kites i've flown. But then i'm a nub and this is the first kite i've owned with a one pump system.

Still loving it though.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:27 pm

woodfu wrote: Couple of things i don't like: The location of the leash attachment. The leash is way to short and doesn't run through the bar like a fifth line leash.
You can make this yourself in about 2 mins. Take some rope, attach it to the pigtials above the depower strap, run it through the bar and the ring on the chicken loop. Make sure that you are comfortable with handling the kite etc before you do this. Also use a leash that can be released on this solution.

The octopus system doesn't let the struts pump up nearly as hard as most other kites i've flown. But then i'm a nub and this is the first kite i've owned with a one pump system.
I really don't think there is a big difference. I think the different pressure in struts and leading edge is for the most part nonsense. I tried all different cofigurations on my Best kites, no difference what so ever. Notice how it is firms that do not offer a one pump system that argues for it. After the two pump system came to maket they argue that they like the middle strut even harder then the rest of the struts, and then the leading edge a little less hard. Sounds like nonsense to me. Pump it until it saya ping and you're good to go. :-)
Still loving it though.
yay, me too, keep the stoke going. you have so much fun that awaits you :-) Just be careful on those super windy days...even if the kite depowers well, the margins decrases rapidly in increasing winds...

a.

simplelife
Medium Poster

Postby simplelife » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:36 pm

Im interested in the Boxer SLE. How is the low-end range on the 12m?

Thanks

woodfu
Frequent Poster

Postby woodfu » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:27 pm

tautologies wrote: You can make this yourself in about 2 mins. Take some rope, attach it to the pigtials above the depower strap, run it through the bar and the ring on the chicken loop. Make sure that you are comfortable with handling the kite etc before you do this. Also use a leash that can be released on this solution.
Yeah i was i've already had a go at this. Found that the stopper attachment thing was catching on the bar alot because the rope was too thick (i used some spare bridal rope i had)

Any issues with using a length of spectra that you could think of?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:23 am

woodfu wrote: Yeah i was i've already had a go at this. Found that the stopper attachment thing was catching on the bar alot because the rope was too thick (i used some spare bridal rope i had)

Any issues with using a length of spectra that you could think of?
I'll check on my 5th line bar that came with my torch 07 to see if the middle hole is tha same...I expect it is..and then what rope is being used. I was planning on using some q-line, which should be enough.

a.

woodfu
Frequent Poster

Postby woodfu » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:22 am

Cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”