How does it deal with Chop?
How´s the Pop,.......?

Thanx
Mic

skyte
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: FLEXIFOIL

Postby skyte » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:42 pm

Apparently these boards are amazing for pop and edging but not so good in waves.

I haven't tried one, but EVERY SINGLE ONE I have picked up on the beach has stress cracks either side of one or more fins and in some cases the fin inserts are breaking out of the board. Unless Brunotti have done something to improve this then I WOULD NOT buy one of these baords... I have seen 4 boards and every one had stress cracks round at least one fin. The boards were owned by 2 girls and 1 guy... one girl has bust 2 boards.

The fin inserts are too small and the ends of the board too thin or not strong enough. This board cannot have been properly rider tested.

Brunotti are incredibly good at replacing broken boards tho (I have snapped a couple in the past) so no need to worry if you already have one.

adamskii
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby adamskii » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:47 pm

My boy has one of these... REALLY nice.. he says.

No cracks or damage, yet. seems to have good pop... but he is VERY light so a lolly stick would have for him :D

rush
Rare Poster

Postby rush » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:54 pm

The Pro x is an awsome board, and handles chop really well, I find it awsome in the surf too. There were some excellent shots of Ruben Lenten in some big Maui waves while back.

The first boards did suffer around the fins but the lates deliveries now have inserts where the fins are that should fix this problem. The board does feel a little heavier than the first ones though, but still not that heavey.

genek
Rare Poster

Postby genek » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:47 pm

Hi,

I'm considering picking up an '06 Pro-X on sale and was wondering when they started adding the inserts for the fins. How can I tell whether it has these inserts? How were the fins attached before? If anyone has a description of the differences or even better some pics that would be awesome.

Thanks a lot!

Return to “Kitesurfing”