Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Bow kite hype over, C's still more functional in surf...

Forum for kitesurfers
Westkite
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Westkite » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:57 am

Surfingwithkites,

thanks. we'll see what the future holds. flat hybrids without next bridals i guess. i still miss the c's though. had one session fully lit on tiny board in the surf for a couple hours and was wondering if new kiters on bows will ever know that exhilarating feeling. human nature will have them just pushing the bar away. kiting has become softer, which is both good and bad.

Wes

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:12 am

and because the fastest, most agile carts are the LeMans track cars, we should all strive to drive one for performance driving.... or maybe we should strive to drive dragsters cause they own the 1/4 mile speed records... Sorry Porsche/BMW/NISSAN, your cars don't cut it. I mean, if the winners of professional events are using that equipment then we should all mimic their choices.... don't ya think?

The kite doth not make the man. The man doth have the skill to use the kite of his choosing to a level surpassing the skills of others. He probably grew up with C kites..... and has them down to a "T". Good job on the win!

surfingwithkites
Very Frequent Poster

Postby surfingwithkites » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:24 am

Windrider,

in sports like surfing, snowboarding, windsurfing, or in your chosen example of auto racing, there is a trickle down effect. Things you take for granted, like multi-valve engines and disc brakes were developed on the race track. Thrusters and concave bottoms were developed for contest surfing. Boards and kites used by riders like Felix will influence design in kiting. Get it? Of course you don’t have to imitate his riding technique or equipment choices and you probably shouldn’t. As Clint Eastwood said (as Dirty Harry) “A man has to know his limitationsâ€Â

spork
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby spork » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:02 am

Bow kite hype over, C's still more functional in surf...
That's for sure. In fact 4-line hype is over as well (and that panty-waist 5-line crap is right out). Two lines is where it's at!

Thank goodness for people that are willing to go to the trouble of following the trends, and delving into the complexities of kite and board performance, and then distill it down to bumper-sticker sized chunks so I can follow it.

RC

kingofsurf
Rare Poster

Postby kingofsurf » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:24 pm

Hold the beat a minute.
Why is felix on a C unhooked and still the only one really turning???
If you want to go straight take up water skiing..
Hang on you have nothing to hook into.This could be an issue to the average kiter today.
Maybe stay on land and fly a one line kite .
Saftey First..

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:47 pm

In my area (Northeast USA) the best ride C kites. The waves are sloppy and break close to shore. But it is very clear the best ride the Cs.

hein
Very Frequent Poster

Postby hein » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:48 pm

Last edited by hein on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fabjet1
Frequent Poster

Postby Fabjet1 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:09 pm

Ok lets think about another possibility:
Sometimes the riders affiliated with one brand are not getting the new year kite model but the previous,.
Or they are not changing to bows but sticking to C kites for various reasons...
So could it be a possibility that Felix does not like the Airrush Bows???
If he rode a different brand bow would he still be on C???

Just wondering....

surfingwithkites
Very Frequent Poster

Postby surfingwithkites » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:40 pm

Fabjet1 is not only fab, he's a genius. I am sure Airush never lets Felix try any new kites and I'm sure he never flys other peoples kites to check them out. Now that you say it, it is so obvious. I'm sure if Felix only just once got the chance to fly a Waroo that would be it. No more Reactors, no more Airush, No more C kites no more unhooked riding. Just hooked in chicken loop backside twin tip ripping of the surf. If only he could try one it would change everything. I'm sure of this. Fabjet you have enlightened us all.

Hein and King of Surf are right on the fuckin money as usual.

Fabjet1
Frequent Poster

Postby Fabjet1 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:48 am

Look smart guy, know it all:
I'm sure he tried all kinds of bows but if he doesn't like the Airush Bow then he can't ride any other bows being affiliated with Airrush...
That's so hard to get?

Return to “Kitesurfing”