Boxer SLE Vs Waroo 07

Forum for kitesurfers
jackite64
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Boxer SLE Vs Waroo 07

Postby jackite64 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:13 pm

Hi guys ! is there someone who tested both ?

impressions?

I have to decide what kind of brand or model for next year.

I love a simple and intuitive kite, soft bar and big range with big power.

Please .. suggestions??

:bye: :bye: :bye:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:04 pm

Well, I haven;t really tried the Waroo 07, I have however tried the Waroo 06....and it is currently for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I decided to sell the waroo when I tried the Boxer SLE because of the reasons you stated above. The Boxer performs superbly in high gusty wind, where the wroo is kind of nervous, and needs a lot more attention, the boxer waits for input. Do not mistake this for slow at turning, because the 9 Boxer that I have turns fast, jumps and hangs very well, and kicks ass in the waves. It really is a 'do-it-all' kite. I wrote a review in the review section...both kites have light bar pressure, but the boxer can ba adjusted to anything from super light to good bar pressure. The adjustment, takes a few seconds. I also think the boxer jumps better on flat water, and generally handles better in waves than the waroo. The boxer is also topped off with the nicest bar I have ever used..

I am not saying the waroo is a bad kite, I am just saying that the boxer is a much better one in all respects that I can think of...in my opinion. :-)

A.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: none, formally BEST Marketing Director.

Postby sq225917 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:34 am

taut: try the 07..... not nervous at all, just SOLID

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Re: Boxer SLE Vs Waroo 07

Postby Windrider » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:03 am

jackite64 wrote:Hi guys ! is there someone who tested both ?

impressions?

I have to decide what kind of brand or model for next year.

I love a simple and intuitive kite, soft bar and big range with big power.

Please .. suggestions??

:bye: :bye: :bye:
Are you in a locale where you cannot personally try both? Too bad, t'would be cool to hear your first hand opinions after trying both. If you can, then do it, and let us know.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:20 am

sq225917 wrote:taut: try the 07..... not nervous at all, just SOLID
hmm, well the last two kites I bought from you I wasn't too fond of...I am very hesitant. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me...the third time...well you know... ;-)

I wouldn't mind testing the kite, but there are no places that sell Best on this island...

a.

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:53 pm

tautologies wrote: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me...the third time...well you know... ;-)
Kiting is a mind and body consuming passion... only fools fall in love... over and over again...

vk observes that a true salesman never lets the mark feels fooled for long...

Love's is not Time's Fool. Britney Spears.

Britney Spears on Orson-Welles
http://britneyspears.ac/physics/fbarr/fbarr.html

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:13 pm

tautologies wrote:I wouldn't mind testing the kite, but there are no places that sell Best on this island...

a.
what i thought Best had covered the globe? the shame :)

i have flown the 11m waroo pro a lot and that kite is stable, thats the first word out of everyone mouth, stable

of course you can always take advantage of the 30 day Best kiting test period, you would of course be out the shipping cost

i know it works because, well, the 11m waroo pro was returned, yep, i returned it

and ordered the 07 waroos, got the 11 and 9 for the same money and threw in a 7m which arrived a couple of days ago

roll it out and you can see, the 07 waroos are constructed just like the pro, the only difference is the cuben fiber leading edge, they did not skimp on the 07 waroo

i even had a quick test run on a 07 9m waroo pro, yeah it was light but you can see right away that the kite, like the pro, has a much more stable canopy

the other thing i noticed this year, after trying some kites, is that the kite some people call super stable is the same kite i would call slow to react, its all in the adjective

if i may contrast the WP and 07 W, the stability on the WP just enourages you to go big and got out in more and more wind, and Kinsley Wong would just rave about the stability doing sbends and handle passes BUT.... i found the kite wanting when compared to the 06 waroo when wave riding, too stable

however, 10 seconds on the 07 W and yeehaa, as good or better than the 06 and yes more stable (how much more? don't know yet, give me a few weeks)

that either makes the 07 waroo an incredible deal or the pro a huge ripoff, it is all in the adjective :)

alas, i have not tried a boxer sle or seen one, Naish has zero presence at our beach

i did try the SB2 the other day and i imagine that kite to be somewhat similar to the box SLE. I think Naish calls it an all terrain kite? That is definitely the SB2. oh btw i liked it :thumb:

but you can feel they compromise in one area, turning speed and it would seem to me this was on purpose considering the kites target audience - beginner/intermediates and wakestyle riders.

07 is shaping up as a great year for kites and it i don't think there will be any bad kites, but they will all have certain areas where they are better

last year in August if you wanted a performance depowerable kite, you were looking at the crossbow and had to change your riding style

this year, the landscape is entirely different and you have significant choices

good luck in finding your kite!

David

R Soul
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Str8 From The Horses Mouth... Ravens and Shinns... Love 'em.

Postby R Soul » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:32 pm

vietkiter wrote:Love's is not Time's Fool. Britney Spears.
Bloody hell!!!
Someone is quoting Britney!
Where oh where is this forum heading too these days?!
:door:

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:43 pm

R Soul wrote:
vietkiter wrote:Love's is not Time's Fool. Britney Spears.
Bloody hell!!!
Someone is quoting Britney!
Where oh where is this forum heading too these days?!
:door:
LOL :thumb:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: none, formally BEST Marketing Director.

Postby sq225917 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:15 pm

purdy, the pro and the vanilla are two different kites, the pro is fast riding, powered looping and going big.

stability wise i'd say they are very similar, with the nod going to the waroo as the thicker LE stops it pushing forward so much in gusts, the pro just wants to take off the whole time. more of a riders kite..

if i wanted to leave the beach feeling like i'd been worked by the kite then the pro would be the one, if i wanted a super easy session, that i wouldn't regret the next morning then i'd take the waroo.

you can hold the pro back with the bar to sedate it a little, but thats like having a ferrari and using it to go shopping...

but stability wise, the waroo 07 and 06 are way different, the 07's are just solid.

Return to “Kitesurfing”