redskykiter
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Maumee Bay State Park
Gear: ALL Slingshot!
Brand Affiliation: Red Sky Surf & Snow

2007 Fuel Manual

Postby redskykiter » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:17 am

Ok so the 2007 Fuel manual, and the 2007 dealer manual are out. So when is the Fuel coming? Lots of great new stuff in there! top secret stuff too :o

Thunderchild
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South West. UK
Style: Powered & Big
Gear: Fuels & Torches
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Thunderchild » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:50 am

Hey onlyafour,

Where did you find the manual, slingshot seem to be keeping very quiet about the new fuels.... :x :x

Got some on pre-order but have no idea when they may arrive :wink:

Thunderchild
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South West. UK
Style: Powered & Big
Gear: Fuels & Torches

Postby Thunderchild » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:51 am

Hey onlyafour,

Where did you find the manual, slingshot seem to be keeping very quiet about the new fuels.... :x :x

Got some on pre-order but have no idea when they may arrive :wink:

redskykiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maumee Bay State Park
Gear: ALL Slingshot!
Brand Affiliation: Red Sky Surf & Snow

Postby redskykiter » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:09 am

xspataro
Frequent Poster

Postby xspataro » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:26 am

So when is the Fuel coming?
mid november, for sure. buuuuut brands tend to say the release day a little later than the actual one, so it could be tomorrow? who knows(i can only hope it is tomorrow...)

cheers

edit: i still think that the computer generated picture is horrible, it looks much better on real pictures. and there are some really ugly colors too... yellow with blue!? i dont want that!!

Jgarces
Rare Poster

Postby Jgarces » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:22 am

I believe Fuel is a great kite, believe me I do. But with the outgoing that Slingshot had this year, do you think the fuel will cover the expectations. I mean the Link was supposed to be a great kite but when it got out a lot of problems appear. I wast simply wondering if the same thing will happen with the fuel?

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:22 am

Jgarces wrote:I believe Fuel is a great kite, believe me I do. But with the outgoing that Slingshot had this year, do you think the fuel will cover the expectations. I mean the Link was supposed to be a great kite but when it got out a lot of problems appear. I wast simply wondering if the same thing will happen with the fuel?
What? You're high.

The Fuel is a staple C kite that has been tweaked and improved each year. There is very low risk of problems appearing from its release.

You can certainly debate if you think Cs, bows, or hybrids will be in most demand in '07, but there's no debate that the Fuel will continue to be a kick ass C kite.

Frankly, I think your response is just bait. And I bit.... :)

Dookz
Medium Poster

Postby Dookz » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:51 am

Can't wait for these to come out. I'm getting rid of the bow kite for the Fuels again.

No matter how much people criticize C's for their lack of 100% depower you simply can't beat the performance and feel that these kites give you.

Fun times ahead :thumb:

WestCoastkiter
Medium Poster

Postby WestCoastkiter » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:39 am

[/quote] toddjb123

What? You're high[quote]

I think that maybe your high if you think that the 06's were kick ass kites. I think they sucked, and I was a C kiter until last month.

Dookz
Medium Poster

Postby Dookz » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:51 am

WestCoastkiter wrote:
toddjb123 wrote:What? You're high
I think that maybe your high if you think that the 06's were kick ass kites. I think they sucked, and I was a C kiter until last month.
06' Fuels sucked? How about you type Ruben Lenten in google, you may be oddly surprised at his success not only in the earlier PKRA events before he dropped out due to ankle injuries but also his general kickass kiting. Kiteworld magazine voted him the best freestyle kiteboarder in the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that Ruben is awesome because of his kites, but his kites certainly don't let him down.

I've seen him pop higher, boost higher, kiteloop harder with his "sucky" 06 Fuels than any other pro rider on any other brand out there.

As far as I'm concerned, Fuels are super smooth kites with a very nice power delivery feeling. You always know where they are in the sky and are friendly to use without compromising performance when requested. Combine this with possibly the toughest construction on the market atm and the original one pump design and you have one hell of a kite.

Of course I'm probably just wasting my fingers typing this. If I remember correctly you started a thread encouraging people to sell all their kites and buy a Switchblade II as all other kites are "obsolete" :roll: :lol:. I've been riding my Switchblade I for a year now but I'm selling it now and getting 07 Fuels instead. Bow kites are great but with their introduction C kites have also significantly improved in ease of use and depowerability.

Also, I don't recall toddjb ever saying Fuels were kick ass kites in this thread. He was merely pointing out that the chance of a Fuel to be a dud kite this year is very minimal. Slingshot have merely been subtly improving it every year, not drastically redesigning it. IMHO this shows confidence on behalf of slingshot not to buckle down and remove C kites from their product list merely because the money driven competitors (Cabrinha at the forefront) are winning the market with bow sales. The Fuel will never wow and amaze riders with drastic new features, but it'll never disappoint either. Riders who know what they like in Fuels will always appreciate them for what they offer.

Maybe you should be more specific about what you think sucked about the 06' Fuels?

Return to “Kitesurfing”