Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Instinct 11 06 with 07 home made bridles ( final results )

Forum for kitesurfers
panchito
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Instinct 11 06 with 07 home made bridles ( final results )

Postby panchito » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:18 pm

Yuppp

Hi all

So , I was looking at the pics of the new 07 kites and found out that the new kites have now two attachment points for the steering lines and a Y bridle and I though.... looks like a nice idea to try it on my kites.....

So I did it on my 11....

Anyway before I go into the pics I did the following:

1) brought my kite to the repair shop to add a new attachment including some reinforcement at 5cm of the end of the tip

2) made a bridle starting from the kite 60 cm + 6 cm for the pigtail in V form with a 50/50 ratio so it will go strait .

3) added 50 cm to the front & 5th lines extensions ( because you reduce the measurement of the original pigtail starting from the kite !!! )

And we spend the afternoon testing the set up today with 12-16 knots , we also tested the waroo single pulley bridle and the double pulley bridle
and also different attachment points some with more pressure to the front line and some to the back line but the strait up ( just in the middle ) works really good since the tip is strait and no deformation of the lines happens when turning ,overall a great improvement .

Benefits :

less bar pressure
much better turning speed ( if turns like my 9 )
same stability as always

no relaunch tested....

I have also 9 Instinct and will do the same set ups .... but now I can tell that one size smaller I will reduce 10 cm ... or add 10 cm to the 13 etc .... I think this will really help to all 06 Instinct specially the bigger kites...

so.... here some pics

Have fun

Saludos

Franz
Last edited by panchito on Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

mikelet
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: Yes
Brand Affiliation: No

Postby mikelet » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:40 pm

Wow!!
Good job Panchito!,seems you were lookin with attention the Instinct 07 photos.I'm very interested in this mod & how it works with the sweet wind range of the kite,20 Knots up. Faster turning is always welcome (anyway Instincts are not slow turners).
You say,you noticed less bar pressure.This could be ,due to the low wind conditions you tried.For me,perfect feeling on instinct bar is when works from middle to the high end of the kite.
I think this mod could help on water relaunching too,pulling from an upper point allows to fold the kite tip more & force the kite to go to one side of the window & reverse...
One question i have is about 50/50 "Y" bridle. That means both lines from the "Y" are same lenght,am i right?
Please keep us informed as fast as you tried on water with higher winds.... :thumb:
Now I finded something to do with the 1m. line extensions from the upgrade kit that i remove......... :D :D

Buen viento

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:48 pm

Hi

Well.... I know that the final test has to be performed on powered conditions but until now I am really impressed with the results so far...

I came to this idea mainly because I am not thinking on changing my Instincts any time soon.

Regarding the set up .... yes it is the same length on both Y lines .

I did also remove the 5th line up grade ... and the extensions are made out of the 1m leader lines .

Saludos

flyaway
Frequent Poster

Postby flyaway » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:30 am

Hi Panchito, nice one! :thumb:
Belive it or not, 3 weeks ago I tried to convince 2 local instinct users to do the same thing that you did in their kites. The diference is that, I don´t based my ideia in the new ozone kites, but in all the other models in the market.
They don´t belive this could work on the truning speed, but thank god you tried and with sucsses. :( :D
Now I will see the best place (more cheaper) to do this mod, and try to convince everyone to do it, since I think the turning speed of the instincts is a bit obsolete.
Once more, THANKS :thumb:

macca
Very Frequent Poster

Postby macca » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:03 pm

Great work panchito, looks really well done as well.

As you say, wht change kites for a new model when an easy mod gives same benifit.

Well done.

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:00 pm

Thank you guys

Well, to be honest I was told to do this when I bought the kite back in August.... the person in question is Sergio who has been working on the new bridle that is now stock or all 07 waroo´s , he tested my kite and told me that doing " small " changes the turning speed will benefit... but it wasn´t until I saw pics of the new Instincts that confirmed he was right !!

I said before , I am very happy with my Instincts and since all 3 are not older than a couple of months I have no reason to sell them & taking a great lost ( second hand market is so bad in Europe ) and again spend another G for a new kite just because is faster .

And since I am ready with the final set up of my 11 the next kite to be " tuned " will be my 9 .... I am not sure now if I want my 7 anymore faster..... but time will tell.

Only important fact to take note : the Y bridle length has to be longer than the distance between the 2 attachments points which in this case is about 50 cm , so the Y bridle is 60 cm.....

Saludos

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:01 pm

Nice mod. I may do this for some customers here in Canada... Looks like 2007 set up...

Paul

mmil002
Medium Poster

anyone doing this to the 13m

Postby mmil002 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:18 am

If anyone does this to the 13m can the post some drawings and measurements? Thanks

twannie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mui ne ,Vietnam. Cadzand bad,Netherlands
Style: freeride
Gear: Ozone,Dakine,Axis
Brand Affiliation: Ozone,Axis,Dakine

Postby twannie » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:11 pm

What about stalling Panchito?
This mod will make the kite faster but probably more stally also !

Should try the new kites one day and feel the difference in between the 06 and the 07 its not only the turning speed!

;)

:thumb:

Hannay
Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Hannay » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:23 pm

Panchito, when I come to the south with the 07s please come and try them out.

Keep up the good work, Iain

Return to “Kitesurfing”