Gear: F-one Badit 8 12m
Waroo 2007 13m
Waroo 2007 9m
Fone Trax 2013
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby leoaraka » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:21 am

The equal struts pressure is pointless as long as the kite design was made to work that way. On the other hand, if you try to put a one pump system on a north kite, it will not work properly because the design was made to work with different strut pressures. Therefore it’s all about engineering. 8)

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:59 am

leoaraka wrote:The equal struts pressure is pointless as long as the kite design was made to work that way. On the other hand, if you try to put a one pump system on a north kite, it will not work properly because the design was made to work with different strut pressures. Therefore it’s all about engineering. 8)
I am inclined to believe that well designed kites will work with one pump systems, but in terms of the Rebel are you sure it would not work with a one pump system?
I mean looking at the struts, the kite has fairly thick struts, at least compared to some other kites. (Disclaimer: I am not saying anything about the kite flying qualities as I have not ridden it).

[rant]
I just doubt that anyone could possibly notice the difference from a kite that is pumped up hard...lets say 6-7psi, to a kite pumped up to 6-7 psi in the leading edge and 9 psi in the struts... or as some claim to have leading edge at one PSI, the outer struts at second PSI, and the middle strut at a thrid PSI. Really, how the hell can you notice the difference? I have tried and I sure cannot notice the difference....

A difference I did notice was on one of my Nemesis kites ( It might have been the BFK or the Waroo, I cannot remember), the outer strut didn't have a stopper, or the air it took to engage the stopper made the strut all soft...I just remember it was a pain in the ass to pump the strut up enough , and the strut was so thin and small that pumping it up hard was REALLY difficult. I think it affected the steering of the kite quite a lot.
[/rant]

:-)
A.

macca
Very Frequent Poster

Postby macca » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:44 am

This is where one pump scores, on those thin short end struts that leak a litle and are a pain to get hard.

For me, its just so easy with one pump, would have to be a really good kite to tempt me back.

Kirk123
Medium Poster

Postby Kirk123 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:59 am

Curious what brands offer one-pump systems currently...

mig27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Brouwersdam, Slufter, Grevelingendam, Rockanje
Style: strapless hydrofoil and wave
Gear: Zeeko Notus5 5.5m
Flysurfer Speed 5 12m
Zeeko 2015 Pocket board
Zeeko 2016 Carbon freeride foil + racewing
Nobile woodskim 129x50 (with foil mast inserts)

Postby mig27 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:48 pm

One-pump
Naish
Slingshot
Cabrinha
Liquid Force

Two-pump
North (Rhino, Vegas only)

no-pump 8)
Peter Lynn
Flysurfer

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:09 pm

Kirk123 wrote:Curious what brands offer one-pump systems currently...
I think it is easier to list the brands that "does not" offer one-pump systems ?
As I think that most brands do ? Or ?

:- ) Peter Frank

Windwing C+S
Frequent Poster

Postby Windwing C+S » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:49 pm

Don't forget WINDWING's optional Multi-Inflation-System MIS, that gives you quick and easy conversion. The latest MISC system, picture here, comes with added safety of a tube clamp.

The MIS system comes with all Windwing kites and the new MISC comes with the soon to be released Windwing Batwing. The MISC can be purchase separately and will fit all kites built for single inflation.

With the Windwing MIS and MISC, you can choose to make your kite any system you want... no tools, no glue, no hassle...on or off.
Attachments
WW-onepump.jpg
Windwing MISC system for fast, safe and simple single-inflation
WW-onepump.jpg (19.52 KiB) Viewed 695 times

Return to “Kitesurfing”