Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Would you like one pump?

Forum for kitesurfers
gonewiththewind
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby gonewiththewind » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:07 pm

As it only saves a maximum of two minutes of set-up time, I don't get the big deal. It's all an illusion. Simpler, yes. But less time? Not much.

(and wait until you have to take out the leading edge)

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Style: Freeride
Gear: *
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Janus » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:16 pm

uhmm.. No, I prefer no pump !

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:59 pm

gonewiththewind wrote:As it only saves a maximum of two minutes of set-up time, I don't get the big deal. It's all an illusion. Simpler, yes. But less time? Not much.

After 7 SS one pump kites I must said that the time you save pumping when you are relaxed , fresh with lots of energy .... you loose deflating the bladders when you are tired, you´r cold and you want to go home and take a nice hot shower....

So... no one pump for me.

Saludos

turboJerre
Rare Poster

Postby turboJerre » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:37 pm

I think north's 2 pump is the best system because if your LE bladder is leak you don't have to disassemble every strut connection + you don't have to pinch connections on and off. So yes i would like that on every kite...

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:13 pm

panchito wrote:
gonewiththewind wrote:As it only saves a maximum of two minutes of set-up time, I don't get the big deal. It's all an illusion. Simpler, yes. But less time? Not much.

After 7 SS one pump kites I must said that the time you save pumping when you are relaxed , fresh with lots of energy .... you loose deflating the bladders when you are tired, you´r cold and you want to go home and take a nice hot shower....

So... no one pump for me.

Saludos
Just get a kite without contra vents in the struts !

Then you can deflate the struts much easier and faster than any normal "non one pump kite" (as they must have contra vents - not necessary in onepump kites...)

The contra vents has to be from the strut to the main bladder of course - but not in the strut "outlet".

I dont know your kites, and what your complaint is ?

Kindly, Peter Frank

T Dub
Frequent Poster

Postby T Dub » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:51 pm

I have blown out leading edges on a 20.5 Slingshot Machine, a 25.5 Slingshot Machine, a 16 SS Fuel and 4 U sticks on the LE (had to pull the bladder on 4 separate occasions for these) and then finally replaced the bladder on a 17.5 Machine in just the last year.

Having a one pump LE eliminates ANY chance of your bladder twisting once it is in place. I have seen a Cabrinha non-one pump that twisted so many times while rigging that the owner got sick of it and it just sits around in the garage now...she went out and bought an Octane (one pump) to replace it!!!

I GUARANTEE you that if you compare the extra time it took me to change out those bladders vs. the total extra time you spend rigging your non-one pumps that my time saved would GROSSLY outnumber yours. It takes about 5 extra minutes to change out a one pump bladder if you know what you are doing. Plus, my convenience is when the wind is blowing and I get on the water at the beach faster than you. Your convenience is when you can't ride and the wind isn't blowing...I'll take the one pump ANY day!!! :bye:

Nukin
Frequent Poster

Postby Nukin » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:59 pm

The air stays in the struts and has to be pressed out. When you deflate the kite you have to press the air out so no clips needed. 90% of the riders never use them anyways. RRD set it up this way so that if the kite crashed into the water hard, some are could press into the struts rather than blowing out the leading edge. It's a good system.

After going from a GK sonic with no stopper balls to a own pump system, I think a one pump is a must have.

macca wrote:
R Soul wrote:
I can't understand the RRD system where it's just a tube with no valves?
How the hell do you find a slow puncture if your whole kite is slowly going down... That's mad.

:o
Never sen this system, but sounds one to stay clear of. Weired. You need the isolation clips for safety, so you dont lose the whole thing.

Can anyone rember the results of the last poll?

Patrickm86
Medium Poster

Postby Patrickm86 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:49 am

Just picked up a 10m bularoo. It has internal one way valves and deflating the struts is easy. Each one has a classic inflation point without stopper balls. Just flip it open and the air escapes quickly because it doesn't have to go the the LE first.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:45 am

Patrickm86 wrote:Just picked up a 10m bularoo. It has internal one way valves and deflating the struts is easy. Each one has a classic inflation point without stopper balls. Just flip it open and the air escapes quickly because it doesn't have to go the the LE first.
Exactly - that is the way onepump systems should be :thumb:

Kindly, Peter Frank

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:56 am

Patrickm86 wrote:Just picked up a 10m bularoo. It has internal one way valves and deflating the struts is easy. Each one has a classic inflation point without stopper balls. Just flip it open and the air escapes quickly because it doesn't have to go the the LE first.

How similar is it to the Octopus system, which also have internal inflating points and individual deflation points?

The Octopus system works perfect, and I love it :-)

a.

Return to “Kitesurfing”