Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Nobile Skimboard vs Cadal or another brand ???

Forum for kitesurfers
BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Nobile Skimboard vs Cadal or another brand ???

Postby BJkitesurf » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:26 pm

Posted Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:39 pm Post subject

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nobile Skimboard or Cadal Skimboard or what else??

90% of the time in the summer time I 've ridden in the ocean with flat/ chop when it blows below 13 mph so I need something that can work in those conditions. My weight is 90kg ( 196 lbs ) so I am trying excusively use Contra 14

If anyone has ridden them, can you give me some feedback?

macca
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby macca » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:40 am

what about skywalker skim surf, can be used with straps fins or with out.

havent tried any though apart from a quik blast on the Nobile. Think i like the idea of straps though after that.

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BJkitesurf » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:23 am

macca.. Skywalker skim surf looks okay..It seems to be a bit difficult to get early plane during the light wind condition because the tail is so narrow for me , 90 kg kiter..

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BJkitesurf » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:24 am

macca.. Skywalker skim surf looks okay..It seems to be a bit difficult to get early plane during the light wind condition because the tail is so narrow for me , 90 kg kiter..

Sand
Rare Poster

Postby Sand » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 am

BJ, havent tried any skims apart from the nobile but it is designed specifically for kiting and does everything it says on the box! the ability to add/remove fins is a bonus as if there are some semi decent waves then they help with bottom turns/cutbacks etc and in chop! it is a commitment to strapless though!!

iKite
Medium Poster

Postby iKite » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:41 am

what about airush's new skim, the Choptop, looks pretty sweet. Was in the latest Kiteworld, but now I can't find anything about it on the net

jimmyc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jimmyc » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:35 pm

BJ,

I rode the Cabal 51 for the past 2.5 seasons and last season replaced it with the Nobile skimboard. They both get going in basically the same wind conditions. The main difference is the Nobile has much straighter rails, has front and rear fins and is a lil bit heavier (or at least feels heavier). The straight, sharp rails and fins make the board track similar to a twintip board. It helps you ride faster and felt better absorbing chop. However, it definitely removes alot of the 'skatey/slidey' feel that I had grown to like with the Cabal. I haven't tried the Nobile without the fins, so that might bring back the loose feel (I sustained an injury in early September and haven't been on the water since). The padding on the Nobile is nice, but is pretty much easily achievable with surfpads stuck on the Cabal. Also, NSI sells a pad system that will allow you to mount footstraps onto a skimboard.

I wish I had more time on the Nobile to make a fair comparison. I did enjoy the Cabal very much and was looking for something that would help me use a skim in small waves, which I believe the Nobile would do. But I haven't had the opportunity to try it out.

Not sure if any of this helps. If you have a specific question or conditions you will ride it in, ask away.

PS- I tried an Aggression barn door in the Spring of last year. It gave me the same low end that the Cabal did. So if you'd rather a TT over a skim and want the same lightwind performance, I'd get something like the barn door....wide and flat. Btw, once it gets choppy the barn door sucks.

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:36 pm

jimmyc wrote:BJ,

I rode the Cabal 51 for the past 2.5 seasons and last season replaced it with the Nobile skimboard. They both get going in basically the same wind conditions. The main difference is the Nobile has much straighter rails, has front and rear fins and is a lil bit heavier (or at least feels heavier). The straight, sharp rails and fins make the board track similar to a twintip board. It helps you ride faster and felt better absorbing chop. However, it definitely removes alot of the 'skatey/slidey' feel that I had grown to like with the Cabal. I haven't tried the Nobile without the fins, so that might bring back the loose feel (I sustained an injury in early September and haven't been on the water since). The padding on the Nobile is nice, but is pretty much easily achievable with surfpads stuck on the Cabal. Also, NSI sells a pad system that will allow you to mount footstraps onto a skimboard.

I wish I had more time on the Nobile to make a fair comparison. I did enjoy the Cabal very much and was looking for something that would help me use a skim in small waves, which I believe the Nobile would do. But I haven't had the opportunity to try it out.

Not sure if any of this helps. If you have a specific question or conditions you will ride it in, ask away.

PS- I tried an Aggression barn door in the Spring of last year. It gave me the same low end that the Cabal did. So if you'd rather a TT over a skim and want the same lightwind performance, I'd get something like the barn door....wide and flat. Btw, once it gets choppy the barn door sucks.
Jimbo,

You mentioned the barn door and wide flat board in general being bad in chop, but how are the skims in choppy conditions?

Thanks,

Ed

flyaway
Frequent Poster

Postby flyaway » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Dude!
If you want light wind grab your self a skywalker dimitri pro 135x47.5 as they are really sweet. i tryed one this weekend and it realy blows.

Between a skywalker skimsurf and a nobile skim, if you want only light wind grad the nobile because the botton end of this board is a bit better than the skimsurf. If you want lightwind and also ride in waves grab the skimsurf from skywalker as they have more narrow tail and bigger fins. I think the skimsurf more versatil than the nobile. it has straps for easy jumps, and you can ride with they or without then. With fins or without fins.

This is just my opinion. :thumb:

Time spent with the 4 boards:
Skywalker skimsurf: +/- 5 hours
Nobile skim: +/- 3 minutes
Skywalker 135x47.5: +/- 10 minutes
Nobile ext 139x44: +/- 10 minutes

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:02 am

Just love my Nobile skim...

Perfect for those summerdays....

Return to “Kitesurfing”