Forum for kitesurfers
Celine
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

bruno's new ultra flat kites

Postby Celine » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:57 am

So whats the story with Bruno's new super flat design.

Surely Wind x are not the only people to be developing a kite based on Bruno's new design (project thunderer).

Come on - someone must know. Surely Cabrinha have got one in the pipe line as well. Takoon?

How long till we see these kites on the market. People have been saying 6 months for the last six months. Could turn out to be the longest 6 months on record.....

:?:

Celine

kazza
Rare Poster

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:53 am

Good question, the kite is for advanced riders I have read ... counts me out then.

dpca10
Frequent Poster

Postby dpca10 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:29 am

I on the other hand rule. So count me in. (just kidding, bored at work)

GreenPat
Frequent Poster

Postby GreenPat » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:46 am

anyone got a link to a picture?

Bozo
Medium Poster

Postby Bozo » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:12 am

GreenPat wrote:anyone got a link to a picture?
phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2335171

and video of Bruno's prototype.

http://www.inflatablekite.com/sitebow/movies.php

biggins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby biggins » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:43 am

I'd LOVE to see an 8m be a light wind kite and a 5m be your most used from 15+ knots. Flat like a blade foil kite! Finally people are catching on.

Ironically, it's like we're getting closer and closer to the foil, or the old delta kite that Corey used to ride in the gorge back in the 80's! :o

kovacs
Medium Poster

Postby kovacs » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:28 am

why is that that i have feeling that somebody believes high AR will save the world... :)

Why i'm so sceptical? Easy, let's use simple windsurfing analogy- their sails have 100% efficiency, still they use several sails, why's that, as if they could not "depower" their sail completely?

Also correct me if i'm wrong, but imo high AR bow kites are anything but "grunty" and if you like just raw low speed pull, it's one thing you wont get from those kites, still it's more of a preference than real reason (something like "muscle" cars vs turbo cars).

HelldogBE
Very Frequent Poster

Postby HelldogBE » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm

kovacs wrote:why is that that i have feeling that somebody believes high AR will save the world... :)

Why i'm so sceptical? Easy, let's use simple windsurfing analogy- their sails have 100% efficiency, still they use several sails, why's that, as if they could not "depower" their sail completely?

Also correct me if i'm wrong, but imo high AR bow kites are anything but "grunty" and if you like just raw low speed pull, it's one thing you wont get from those kites, still it's more of a preference than real reason (something like "muscle" cars vs turbo cars).
yeah and a small kite eventhough very efficient will never have as much hangtime without steering the kite back and forth a lot. when coming down it works more like a parachute when static at 12o

small kites u can send easily to come down softly, but I can imagine they would be a lot of work during high jumps!!

ahwell, we know it'll rock anyways :)

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:34 pm

Actually you can experience this problem on a Waroo 7m2 kite. It will go well in 18-20knts, u´ll have good board speed and fun whipping the kite around. Amazing low-end for such a small kite.

But, start to try jumping and you´ll find there is little lift. The kite is soo fast and easy to whip, you can create jumps by whipping, but theres no hang.

Thats why a 11-12m2 is so much more fun when its 18-20.

TW

HelldogBE
Very Frequent Poster

Postby HelldogBE » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:10 pm

TomW wrote:Actually you can experience this problem on a Waroo 7m2 kite. It will go well in 18-20knts, u´ll have good board speed and fun whipping the kite around. Amazing low-end for such a small kite.

But, start to try jumping and you´ll find there is little lift. The kite is soo fast and easy to whip, you can create jumps by whipping, but theres no hang.

Thats why a 11-12m2 is so much more fun when its 18-20.

TW
exactly I got a 5m waroo and on a waveboard I can still keep going at 20-25knots lulls on my waveboard, but I only like it well on my twintip when theres a constant 35knots+
it's soo easy to speed it up with a quick up and down (as u see in the movie), but to actually jump u usually don't get higher than a meter or 2 unless u got a good ramp to launch of and a good timing (preferably during a gust for takeoff).

The hangtime is minimal compared to bigger kites, and to land softly it's all about getting that thing to pull u very much forwards (almost a kiteloop) to soften things up and not just plunge into the water!

the 5m is great at what its made for, but I don't think i'll be replacing it soon. the 7-12meter range is so much more suited to boosting high!!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”