Cumbuco wins hands down.. Paracuru is another, but Cumbuco is the place.
I came to Brazil for a 6wk trip, spent 4mths. I also work online.
I've been in Cabarete for the last 9 out of 11 years, I'm writing this from KiteBeach Hotel in Cabarete, now.
Hooked, you know this town has changed.
1) The bars now close at 2AM (Federal Law)
2) The 20-30% tax increase on alcohol
3) New passport restrictions reduced the number of party tourists
4) Food and wine costs have greatly increased, I won't throw out numbers, but I remember last year a bottle of wine in town cost $7, last night it was on the menu for $28.
5) Loads of vacancies in all the hotels, just call and ask.
In summary, I'm seeing fewer kiters/sailors/partiers in Cabarete than I have in the last decade.
I always felt like Cabarete was my home away from home. The monster condos (Ocean One, Dreams) and no all night partying, increased costs of food and drink, have changed this place for the worst. Sad.
Now, DR is as expensive as any other Caribe island, it was the last to get expensive, but it has happened.
I'll be back in Brazil, soon.
As far as the girls go, we can't even compare DR to Brazil. Honestly, I don't know where you can compare the girls of Brazil too, Brazileras are the best women for a kiter vacation. Purrrrrfect