Forum for kitesurfers
jbaflyer
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Suggested Improvements to 07' Waroo

Postby jbaflyer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:08 am

I recently received my new Waroo 07 and am very pleased with the improvements over the previous models. I would like to recommend the following changes for future consideration:

I am a 220lb, 78â€Â
Attachments
07warooupload.jpg
07warooupload.jpg (45.65 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

mickpilch
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mickpilch » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:24 am

f***....I think you need to give this boy a job Simon :wink:

uncleneil
Frequent Poster

Postby uncleneil » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:00 pm

I bet if you take any kite and subject it to the same scrutiny you can find similar problems and ways to fix it. Of course if it was the perfect kite with the best features then we could expect to pay more than a Cabrihna X-bow. He doesn't need a job, just more wind. Everyone thinks they know how to improve a kite design. EVERYBODY!!!!

frederics
Medium Poster

Postby frederics » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:12 pm

do you mean that the waroo needs 7struts or maybe 5+ 2x 1/2 struts? :?:

Trant
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Suggested Improvements to 07' Waroo

Postby Trant » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:14 pm

uncleneil wrote:I bet if you take any kite and subject it to the same scrutiny you can find similar problems and ways to fix it. Of course if it was the perfect kite with the best features then we could expect to pay more than a Cabrihna X-bow. He doesn't need a job, just more wind. Everyone thinks they know how to improve a kite design. EVERYBODY!!!!
Yes, but he's coming from the perspective of a heavier kite flier.
I'm actually interested to hear how he goes.
jbaflyer wrote: As a heavier kiter who flies the 13m Waroo Pro and the 15m Waroo 07’ I’ve found that my loading characteristics from high jumps and other maneuvers tend to make the Waroo react different than kiters of a lighter frame

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:51 pm

uncleneil wrote:I bet if you take any kite and subject it to the same scrutiny you can find similar problems and ways to fix it. Of course if it was the perfect kite with the best features then we could expect to pay more than a Cabrihna X-bow. He doesn't need a job, just more wind. Everyone thinks they know how to improve a kite design. EVERYBODY!!!!
Nah, this is a good discussion. Let it play out. He wasn't bashing the brand or making claims that it performed better or worse than any other. Its one man, with one quiver and used his skills to analyze what he has.

Don't turn this into a hater post, cuz I'm curious to hear what other people think! Yeah, nothing is perfect, but everything has room for improvement which is why we're not all out there on 2 line kites. Improvements every year. Maybe he's on to something, maybe not...

Good post, jbaflyer. Thanks!

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:08 pm

Well I'm quite happy with my Waroo...flies just fine to me...and I'm a fat bastard :lol:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:32 pm

i can assure you that the Waroo 07 is about as balanced in terms of drag and lift distribution as it is possible to get.

removing drag from any one area of the kite would cause it to surge forward, destroying frontal stability and likely shoot past the edge of the window.

all interesting comments, though i'd be intrigued to see the model, its scale and accuracy.

you simply can't take one kite size and scale it down to make another that's not how it works,every size is different so scaling for wind tunnel tests is effectively meaningless.

to make it worthwhile peter would have to provide you with his ideal shape in the size you want.

Return to “Kitesurfing”