Forum for kitesurfers
evers
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nobile 555 VS LF Recoil

Postby evers » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:52 pm

Hey

Im looking to buy a new board and have put my eyes on the above.
Does anybody have any experience with the two boards - upwind ability, pop, handling in chop.

Im 70 kg an intermediate rider, mostly riding in flat and choppy conditions but also wawes every now and then.

Cheers
Chris

frez
Medium Poster

Postby frez » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:59 am

Damn...I'd love to hear a comparison. Nobile is wayyyyyy more expensive than our local LF retailer but LF boards have a crap rep for being too stiff. These Recoil boards really seem like the answer but I can't believe a first generation LF 'snowboard' style construction job is going to match the performance of Nobile who have been doing this for a few years now. I'd love to be proved wrong cuz I'm sick of hearing the Nobile crowd beat off about their very pricey (but undeniably excellent) machines.

And no...it's not sour grapes about not being able to afford one. I just like rooting for the underdog.

philth
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby philth » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:31 am

I found the 666 much heavier than my Bang Bowmoq but didn't get to ride it. The Shinn board was fantastic but at $1600, more the sort of thing you'd eat sushi off than ride in our rocky shelly scratchy crap beaches (?)

Wouldn't you expect stiffer pop-oriented boards from a wakeboard company anyway? My Drop LTD 132 needed shitloads of power.

f*** 'em all anyway - you always get gear snobs :bye:

B-MAN
Medium Poster

Postby B-MAN » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:48 am

Hey there,

I'm awaiting my LF recoil 127 at the mo, i used to ride a nobile 666 126 and have ridden my friends 555 nobile board heaps to. Infact, he was trying to get to grips with the sport and I suggested he gets a 555 which he did and loved and now hes pulling all kinds of tricks............perfect board for ease of use, comfortable ride and will progress as far as anyone needs to take it really.

I've heard excellent reports about the recoil. Its got a completely different flex pattern to the other LF boards and looks and feels more like a 'kiteboard'. Apparently riding the 666 and recoil back to back, its hard to tell them apart but we shall see. Should hopefully compliment my new LF havocs nicely!!!

JFB
Frequent Poster

Postby JFB » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:11 pm

The 555 fits perfectly what you are looking for, I know nothing about the LF board.

Return to “Kitesurfing”