BARTLOMIEJ
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North Rebel 14m or GK Sonics07 14m

Postby BARTLOMIEJ » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:49 pm

I greet all

I would like to buy the kite. I reflect the boundary strip Rebel 14 and GK Sonics 14. I am beginner which kite is better.
Which is less damage.
On the subject North 07 I read on the forum that valves often surrendered to the damage - whether it is the truth ?

how you can this please help :roll: , because in Poland the season only sets up and these kites are new on the market (nobody has too the large experience with the swimming on them)

Thanks for the help

I greet
:bye:
Bart
Last edited by BARTLOMIEJ on Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LV_tommy
Rare Poster

Re: North Rebel 14 or GK Sonics 14

Postby LV_tommy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:21 pm

BARTLOMIEJ wrote:I greet all

I would like to buy the kite. I reflect the boundary strip Rebel 14 and GK Sonics 14. I am beginner which kite is better.
Which is less damage.
On the subject North 07 I read on the forum that valves often surrendered to the damage - whether it is the truth ?

how you can this please help :roll: , because in Poland the season only sets up and these kites are new on the market (nobody has too the large experience with the swimming on them)

Thanks for the help

I greet
:bye:
Bart
just BEST 07 Waroo 13.. just TRY first!!

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BJkitesurf » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:42 pm

go for Cabrinha Omega that is extremely durable ! Switchblade 2 is still durable..Omega and also Switchblade 2 is much easier water-launching than Best or North...

Hong Kong Phooey
Medium Poster

Postby Hong Kong Phooey » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:57 am

I have the SOnic 2 14m and it is a super nice kite and quite powerful once you get it going (although actually getting going requires a bit of finesse). The build quality is superb.

I used to have the Rebel 12 and it also delightful with a reasonable bottom end - BUT the problem was that if it went in the water in marginal winds, it could be quite difficult to relaunch. I would imagine the 14 would be even more difficult. The Sonics are easy in the lightest of winds.

brian
Medium Poster

Postby brian » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:37 pm

The 14m sonic2 is a great kite with tons of adjustments :D

Innis
Medium Poster

Postby Innis » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:59 pm

I haven't flown the Rebel. I have a '06 Sonic 14 and liked it so much I bought an '07 Sonic 11. As good as the '06s were the '07s are way better.

brian
Medium Poster

Postby brian » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:05 pm

And if you are over 225lbs they make 17m sonic.

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Assateague National Seashore, Maryland
Gear: Ozone WASP wind wing
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart

Postby Wetstuff » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:22 pm

Bart: As a beginner, you would not be able to tell the differece between the kites. They both would be 500% better than you. (I mean not to offend...) Both are good.

I would pick the brand where there is a dealer to help you. New kiters have more problems because they do not yet know the things they can do themselves and need more help.

Get lessons first. Good luck.

j i m

BARTLOMIEJ
Rare Poster

Postby BARTLOMIEJ » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:37 pm

Aloha

Wetstuff Thanks for the advice.
I am not 100% to beginner. I Have complete on the price 2 level IKO. I had Rhino2 16, Rhino 06 12,. Now I am wanting to buy the new kite and I do not know which to choose. Rebel 14 or GK Sonics 07 14. I weigh 85 kgs. Please help. In Poland the season sets up and these kites are not still checked. I would like well to choose. I seek the kite which well gets up from water, is not damage. About the large wind range. Whereon I would be able to to make great strides.

Great thanks

I greet

Bart

munteruk
Frequent Poster

Postby munteruk » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:38 am

Relaunch on the 14m sonic is easy. I don't know about the rebel but I think it takes a slightly different technique. Construction of the 07 sonics looks really solid, I had a good look over one yesterday. North usually makes good kites too though I'm not a fan of all the battens. The sonic only has small tip battens which are not prone to breaking when folding the kite.

I think both kites are pretty good. Where I live the sonics are much cheaper than the north kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”