Blade Kites - anyone ride an 07?

Forum for kitesurfers
Nukin
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blade Kites - anyone ride an 07?

Postby Nukin » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:21 pm

Anyone ridden the 2007 Blade kites. Their website looks pretty decent but definitely not as polished as some other kite brands. I guess they make two kites: Vertigo- a 5 line C type kite and Beast – a hybrid SLE.

I am more of a hybrid/SLE guy who is looking for a small kite for high winds (maybe a 6 or 8 Beast). According to their website you can purchase a 8m Beast for $715 which includes Kite, Bar and lines and FREE Shipping. I already have other kites and I don't expect to use this kite much so the price is really attractive.

Their prices seem to be truly discount - their new stuff is less expensive than a lot of used gear or 05/06 leftovers. I did some cruising around for other 07 kites and most of the new stuff is running $900-$1500. Would appreciate any comments on the Vertigo or Beast in terms of build quality, quality of the bar and flying behavior.

Thanks in advance,

foiled
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Blade BEast

Postby foiled » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:31 pm

My 8M blade beast arriving later today or tomorrow (I hope) so if you're interested then send me a PM and I will give you my thoughts. My friend received his 8m Vertigo which is more like a hybird than a C so not sure why you thought otherwise. The vertigo line setup is very similar to the Ozone Instinct Setup. I never saw him fly it but he commented on the turning speed being extremely fast...

jcc
Rare Poster

Postby jcc » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:44 pm

Interested in same info as Nukin, please advice.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:20 pm

25 knt today. i tried out the 10m and 14m vertigo.
i weigh 73kg and use a 130\39 board.
the 14m top end is a bit over 25knt. the 10m depower strap was almost not pulled at all and a 60kg kiter didn't puul it as well so i guess i can take it out and have fun at more than 30knt easy.
the kites are pretty fast light bar pressure and i was able to jump very high with both of them.
they depower great. i have a trible11m and the depower on the vertigo is better.
it's a great kite for wave riding as well.
the only thing i didn't like is that you had to use a lot of force to punch up the dynamicstopper with the bar. if you want just to move it then it's no problemo but to move it up with the bar you need to use force.
the kites are great !!! lot's of fun and are built very good.

zenna kitesurf
Medium Poster

Postby zenna kitesurf » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:28 pm

The vertigo is an awsome kite,
The feedback on the kites have been 100%, Already the kites in the uk have been selling as soon as they arrive,
For the price you are getting a well built kite that will out fly some of the top brands out there,
The wind range on the vertigo is prob one of the best out there,
We have had the Vertigo out in 8mph winds using a skim board,
And one of the uk riders has been out in 30knts on the 12m,
Was very impressed with the range it had,
We have got reviews on the kite on the website,
there is also a review on the kiteforum on the vertigo in 8m winds with photos,
carl

zuvizavanovi
Medium Poster

Postby zuvizavanovi » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:39 pm

I have a 8m and 12m Vertigo.
I felt in love with the 12m kite on my first cruise with it.
Great depower, huge jumps, fast and steady even with gusty winds.
Amaising in the waves. The kite turns wend you want with speed and power.
The 8m it´s also fantastic kite. I had the biggest jumps in my life with this kite.
The bar it´s simple, 100% effective and the quick release works with or without tension.
The swivel works!!! It´s my first kite that has a swivel that really works!!!
I didn´t found a negative point yet.

And the colors... Beautiful. All of them.

My 2 cents....

igorcanario
Rare Poster

Postby igorcanario » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:50 am

I have 8 and 12 Vertigo for a week, 75 kg.with the 8 mtr I was a litle overpowered with 35 knots with some gust of 38.Very fast kite no presure at the bar and high jumps.Other day with 15 knots and a surf board i could also kite powered and surfing was good.I had use the 12 only once in a gusty day with winds around 15 and 25 knots and it was also good.Only problem is that the 5º line had gone twice when i was kiting becouse the clip opened,i think also that the 5º line need at least 5-10cm. more to be with out any tension.
Igor

zuvizavanovi
Medium Poster

Postby zuvizavanovi » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:05 am

you had to use a lot of force to punch up the dynamicstopper with the bar. if you want just to move it then it's no problemo but to move it up with the bar you need to use force.
isn´t it suposed to be like that??? it is a stopper ball...
the 5º line had gone twice when i was kiting becouse the clip opened
I solved the problem by changing the clip by a small quick release like the ones used on handlepass leashes. Works fine and it doesn´t gets in the way of the swivel.
Attachments
5th line quick release.jpg
5th line quick release.jpg (132.04 KiB) Viewed 2946 times

jcc
Rare Poster

Postby jcc » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:19 pm

Just received this morning a Blade Vertigo 12m....
Only one question, where do you attach the leash????
Will inform about the kite as soon as it flies...

zenna kitesurf
Medium Poster

Postby zenna kitesurf » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:18 pm

Hi all Nice to see all the good feedback on the vertigo keep them coming

[/quote]Just received this morning a Blade Vertigo 12m....
Only one question, where do you attach the leash????

Right the Vertigo has two options where the leash is involved,
If you are doing unhooking moves then all you do is to disconect the clip on the 5th line,making sure the fith line still goes through the swivel at the chicken loop,
then just connect the leash to the fith line,
If you are not doing any unhooking then you dont realy need a leash with this design as the safety runs on the fith line, when safety is pulled the fith line is still attached to the chicken loop.
But thats all to the own, personaly i still put the safty leash on
anyway,, just connect it to the clip,, or you can clip it just above the chicken loop,

Carl

Return to “Kitesurfing”